Where and which card to get?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Jstink101, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Jstink101
    OP

Jstink101 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2011
    United States
    After reading this thread a bit;
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-flash-cart-should-i-get.290097/
    I think, I have decided to get a Supercard DSTwo, but I have a few questions.

I am currently using a R4 clone that is damn near impossible to get the right original firmware for and is a pain in the *!% to get working properly. I usually spend 3 hours working on it each time I want to put a new game on that is compatible with the new current version of retrogamefan's software (where I am at now).

A couple questions;
    I was wondering, is this common for most cards? Trial and error just to get the thing to start? Or is there a simple; install the firmware (never touch it again), just override the retrogamefan updates when updating the software.

The question then comes about, whats a reliable trusted website to get the card? Should you use paypal or a credit card?

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
  3. Jstink101
    OP

Jstink101 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2011
    United States
    Would you advise against a credit card? or do you think it will be fine on the sites you have listed?

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    It should be fine on the sites I linked, people have bought from them plenty of times.

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I always suggest checking out the DSTwo and R4i Gold and also always from nds-card.com, GBAtemp's official sponsor!

6. loveqin2013

loveqin2013 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2013
    Senegal
    From my experience, you have to contact them first for there would be no choice of paypal method.

Supercard dstwo or R4i gold 3ds, both flash cards are OK! Supercard dstwo is better but R4i gold 3ds is cheaper.