What's the worst system you've ever owned?

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Virtual Boy.
I didn't buy it new, thank god. My parents were at a yard sale and saw it and were like "HAI It's a nintendo thingy. Sam will like it!". All it had with it was Tennis (and at the time I was already playing Mario Tennis on the 64). Also it didn't have the stand, so the only thing I could do to play it was put it on a table or my lap and bend my head down to look into the damn thing.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
One off those 1 in 9999 games
tongue.gif

It sucked becurse i really tougth that the 4 bucks would give me 9999 games and not 4...

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Game Gear. The piece of shit consumed 6 AA batteries in 5 minutes. I had to play with an adaptor.

I still have lots of games for it though.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Play Station 2. The fact that this is the worst I've owned is partly a result of me only getting top notch systems and partly a result of the fact that PS2 never appealed to me the way it did to most people. I know a lot of people will think I'm crazy for this, but what can I say. I never bought a Virtual Boy or Game Gear or Jaguar or any of that crap.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't say worst but had problems with:
1) Game Gear - given to me by a friend in as is condition and was dead
2) Xbox 360 - Failed twice but I still like it and wouldn't consider getting rid of it
3) PC AMD K6/2 400MHz - Graphics card was crap and couldn't be replaced by anything other than an ATi board
4) Gameboy - D-pad went and I couldn't press down or left

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Xbox 360 ofcourse
Looks the cheapest way to play GTA first
But you need to buy an HD DVD player with it because microsoft is not letting Rockstar games put it on 2 discs
How gay is that haha
Lucky me i got a lovely Wii

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sega MegaCD was shite, but it did have a couple of good games. Snatcher and... er... Night Trap!

Xbox 360 ofcourse
But you need to buy an HD DVD player with it because microsoft is not letting Rockstar games put it on 2 discs
How gay is that haha
Lucky me i got a lovely Wii

WTF?! Where did you hear that?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah thats a load of bullshit, dunno where you heard that but its untrue.

Microsoft wouldn't dare force people to buy a HD-DVD just to play this game as a lot of people won't pay out £100 plus £40 just to play GTA4, they'll lose a lot of sales from it and sales from games is the only way the 360 can recoup its losses.

Quite a lot of people haven't got a 360 or PS3 but will choose to get one of those when GTA 4 comes out, Microsoft aren't that stupid to lessen the chances of people getting the 360 instead as its the cheapest option.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Microsoft wouldn't dare tell Rockstar what to do either. The GTA franchise is far too important. Rockstar have both Sony and MS bending over backwards to keep them happy!

Back on topic please...

roguetrip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wii

100% regret it.

May i ask why, i don't own one, but was looking into one, i bought a GC not knowing the Wii could run GC games, wouldn't mind consolidating with a Wii and keeping my GC GAME (yes, one game so far
wink.gif
), plus i just seen Metal Slug Antology which i have no idea if its any good?!

The systems i didn't play/like:
Game Gear (still own 2 but don't play either)
Virtual Boy (sold, think it caused my nearsightedness and making me wear contacts now, DAMN YOU NINTENDO!)
Turbo Graphix 16 (sold)
Dreamcast (1st owner but have played it 2 times with maybe 3~4 hours of play total, NOT FOR SALE)
Genisis 32x (gave it away to GF's brother)

What i still own and play once in awhile or love:
Sega Nomad
N64
NGC (just bought like a week ago with 1 game)
PS2 (own like 11 games but only beat like 2 of them)
PS1 (beat many games on and own near 20 games)
Sega Genesis (can't separate with it due to the games)
NDS (best handheld system yet!)
Gameboy ( just have to have an original, 1st owner)
win98SE system with P3 1gig, 768MB SDRAMNvidia TNT1 16MB, SLI Voodoo 2 12MB for glide, D3D, openGL games of its day.
WinXP SP2 system with AMD 4200+, 2G DDR, SLI 7800GT's for todays titles
cool.gif

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft wouldn't dare tell Rockstar what to do either. The GTA franchise is far too important. Rockstar have both Sony and MS bending over backwards to keep them happy!

Back on topic please...

You exaggerate greatly. Of course losing GTA would hurt a lot, but to say that either Microsoft or Sony, two of the world's LARGEST companies; not even speaking of electronics ; are under the control of some little game publisher/developer is ludicrous. Seriously, did you even think about what you posted?

santakuroosu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Until a batch of good games come out, the Wii has been the worst.
The Game Gear is the second worst but it's not even close to the Wii because it had loads of awesome games to compensate for the poor battery.

Edit:
QUOTE said:
are under the control of some little game publisher/developer is ludicrous.
Actually, Sony is Square Enix' bitch.
And so am I.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Back on topic please...

You exaggerate greatly. Of course losing GTA would hurt a lot, but to say that either Microsoft or Sony, two of the world's LARGEST companies; not even speaking of electronics ; are under the control of some little game publisher/developer is ludicrous. Seriously, did you even think about what you posted?

Yeah, I did. The GTA series is, for most console gamers, a major factor when deciding which new console to purchase. Losing that franchise would have a major impact on either company's hardware sales.
Forcing Rockstar to release the game on HD DVD would put a MASSIVE dent in their game sales, which would sour the relationship between them and M$ (probably resulting in a parting of ways).

Admit it, if GTA 4 was a PS3 exclusive, the 360 vs PS3 battle would look very different right now.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
NES for it's horrible cartridge recognition. Why do I have to blow the cart 5 times before it can be played?

Having bad games is not the hardware's fault, but not recognizing game's inserted surely is hardware's fault.

Well, at least I understood "the worst system" as "the worst system in hardware aspect"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY