What's the worst system you've ever owned?

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've owned a couple of shoddy systems in my time. I fell for Sega's lies and bought the MegaCD+32x which was pretty bad, my dad went out to buy a Spectrum and came home with an Oric-1 instead which was just as bad, but my worst console has to be this little beauty:

amstradgx4000ju6.jpg

The Amstrad GX4000! I asked for a Megadrive and my family agreed to buy me one (enter my dad and his phenomonal knack for falling for salesmen's bullshit). Very few games and very underpowered. Poop!

What's the worst system you've ever owned and why?

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Maybe wii, because it's just not as good as my other consoles/systems.
Few good games and really underpowered for being produced in this decade or something.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Game Gear. Oh my god, battery draining crappy game playing POS. I swear I remember making a dent in a hotel room wall when I was a kid over the first boss in Sonic 2...damn that system to hades...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game.Com ....overzealous tiger-electronics piece of shit.
Horrible piece of crap, even Amstrad console at least had a few decent games, this one all games are unplayable due to the horrible screen.

I believe that nearly every console is worth having for one or two games , but Game.com isn't one of those.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Virtual Boy. At least I didn't pay full price. Still have it, and 3 or 4 crappy games that keep you entertain for all of five minutes.

lol, it even sounds creepy.

QUOTE said:
"Watcha up too?"

"Playing with my virtual boy."

"Ewwww... *click*"

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Virtual Boy. At least I didn't pay full price. Still have it, and 3 or 4 crappy games that keep you entertain for all of five minutes.

lol, it even sounds creepy.

QUOTE said:
"Watcha up too?"

"Playing with my virtual boy."

"Ewwww... *click*"
I'd love to have one of those, I played VB Wario Land and it was one of the best Wario games I've played.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sony PS2.

Was total bullshit.
Didn't read games correctly sometimes and now it's finally broken , even after Repairing. (ok I melted the Laser.
tongue.gif
)

But if i choose because of games then ... Pokemon Mini : What the hell was this supposed to be ?
The Games were shitty and it didn't even have a color screen!
frown.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Windows 95. Worse DOS build ever.

I dunno. I think Windows ME has it beat. I like to try to count how many times I can obtain the Blus Screen of Death in a given hour. The sad part is, my friend still has it on his current computer.
frown.gif

Worst system ever is Sega 32X. Only one good game: DOOM.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
32x takes the cake. I hate the Playstation-line because of its inherent shitty build quality (the PS3 seemingly being the exception), but to be fair there are lots of great games for both the PS1 and the PS2, so... they're far from the worst I've dealt with.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Virtual Boy.

I'd love to have one of those, I played VB Wario Land and it was one of the best Wario games I've played.
I didn't have that one.. was it the only good game on the system?
I've got Mario Clash, Tennis, Teleroboxer, Red Alarm.
I pull it out of the attic every year or two, half expecting it to be magically cool... it never is, and I put it right back.
It was really outstanding. Played it at a games fair back in 1999. Was just like the GB games, but with the odd 3D style elements similar to say Paper Mario on N64. I hoped that Nintendo would release it on the GBC but they never did sadly, I can imagine it being remade as Super Paper Wario or something.

Also managed to play Galatatic Pinball (think that was the name) that was pretty good. Vertical Force which was terrible, Red Alarm is awful too (as you know). I've played all of the games but only on emulators and I have to say GP and WL didn't play as well as they did on a VB so it is hard to say which were the good games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM