What's the worst system you've ever owned?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by jimmy j, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Gaisuto

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    I am sorry, but everyone who is saying the PS2 is the worst has to be either extremely ignorant or they had a faulty system. The PS2 has the most diverse game collection of pretty much any game system I've ever seen, with games for pretty much everyone. Shadow of the Colossus, all the GTA games, all the sports games, Ratchet and Clank, Jak, so on and so forth.

There would be games for it that maybe you'd hate (I don't like GTA/Sports games) but would love on others (SotC is one of my favorite games of the last generation.)

The Faulty System part though, that I can kind of understand. But if you knew what you were doing, sometimes you could fix it yourself. I did...

2. LokusT

LokusT Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2007
    Northern Ireland
    The Sega Master System was probably my least favourite console that I have owned. Having owned one at the same time as the NES, it was pretty much up against it from the off. It did have some good games but just nothing I would deem to be anything remotely memorable enough.

I'm gonna have to say the PS2 comes a good second place. Not saying it had no good games on it at all because it did, but, my word there was a lot of regurgitated crap released for it too. Sure, I could list the games that were good for it but ultimately it's irrelevent. The hardware certainly brought things down too.

No doubt I will get jumped on for even saying it as well anyway but it was just not the same system that the PS1 was. The PS1 had some games I hold in very high regard and aside from the likes of the afforementioned Shadow of the Colossus and the equally brilliant Ico, I can't really say the PS2 was a fantastic console I'm afraid, and that's my personal opinion. I do not expect everyone to have had the same experience with their consoles as I have had with mine.

I have owned many systems over the past 25 years and I have my least fond memories from the PS2. Also, I haven't considered any current generation consoles nor the PC in my decision because it's still too early for any of them to be judged, in my opinion, on their still youthful lives. As for the PC, I can't really class it as a gaming system unless I used my own purely for gaming which I never have done.

3. Foie

Foie That one guy

Jun 15, 2006
    United States
    Clackamas, Oregon
    XD