Worst financial decision you made?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by MirabelleKaida, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Iamapirate

Iamapirate GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2013
    Buying Gym Hero on Nintendo Switch for 76 cents.

2. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Every decision I make is a mistake. To be fair, it gains a magical property when I keep trying to change it from a "mistake" into a beautiful masterpiece.

GB printer.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire, Jun 28, 2019
    LonelyPhantom likes this.
  3. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Traded a heap of N64 games into a pawn shop and bought Harry Potter books

Gave a guy a GameCube with smash and windwaker to mod my original xbox

Heaps of impulse buy cheap 360 games from EB that I never even played

Last edited by Milenko, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Stwert

Stwert GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Stwert is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    None really, if I had a time machine I’d go back to when I owned some games shops and keep a lot of stuff for a couple of decades, but I don’t so that’s that :D

5. G36cBossMan

G36cBossMan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2010
    United States
    Buying a $2000 alien ware laptop and tripping over the charger as I helplessly watch it fall off the table and go flying across the room smashing into pieces

6. cots

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Student Loans. Going into debt at 17 years old and having that debt follow you for years. Isn't it Illegal to enter into a financial contract before you're an adult and don't know any better? If not it should be.

7. guisadop

guisadop GBAtemp Fan

Jun 22, 2012
    Brazil
    I once traded a Latias Gold Star Pokémon TCG card for Slakoth + Vigoroth + Slaking of the Deoxys expansion. Only many years later did I ever realize how dumb that was, but I really, really liked the Slaking family.
    For those who don't know, a Latias Gold Star may reach upwards of US$300 in price depending on their condition, while the cards I received aren't worth more than a few dollars at most.
    Granted, I didn't actually lose any money in this, but I still regret it a lot haha.
    About things I actually spent money on, though, are probably the bunch of mounts I bought from the World of Warcraft store over the years. I've stopped playing the game years ago now and came to regret these purchases. Thankfully it was just 3 or 4 mounts, but money is money.

8. LongDongSilver

LongDongSilver GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2016
    United States
    The Buvvins
    college lmao

cots likes this.
  9. camW00dS

camW00dS Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2019
    United States
    Buying an account with Horizon Zero Dawn instead of official game and being unable to buy a DLC now. Miss this game so much

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted