Gaming What's The State Of Your NDS Now?

defunct32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Is it all worn out? Scratched to death? Damaged? Barely working?

Here's mine (an XL) from two years ago (I still have it):
XL001.jpg
XL006.jpg
My first game when I bought it on the 30th April 2010.​
Pretty much still in the same condition but the screen has one or two stuck or dead pixel (unsure)... also, how bothered are you by cosmetic defects such as dead/stuck pixels, scratches, etc?​

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, I have a DS Lite so *naturally* my hinges are a bit cracked despite the fact that I take care of it as if it was made of glass. Wear and tear caused the letters on some buttons to wear off and my most commonly used button (A) is a bit "funny", aka, the rubber underneath it is deformed, but other then that it's perfectly functional and in relatively good condition. Works like a charm.

Reactions: 2 people

Puregamer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nothing big for me, my ds phat started becoming discoloured, and dust filled up the screens, because i carried it around in my pocket all day and the edges rubbed against the inside. My lite was in good condition, the matte finish on my dsi eventually rubbed off and it became somewhat...shiny. So far my 3DS is in good condition besides for one scratch on the top screen which i don't remember getting.

OH one thing about the 3DS that really bothers me is that the bottom screen leaves marks on the top screen. Such as there is a mark of the circle pad on the top screen as well as the raised surface surrounding the bottom screen. I don't know if it's a defect or if it's just like that, it annoys me because it will eventually leave a mark on the top screen.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
The D-Pad of my DSi is screwed up. Other than that, it's in fully operational order. Although I do tend to use my 3DS now..Just a matter of getting used to the filter on DS/DSi games.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DSlite - left trigger completely dead
DSlite - left trigger half working
DSi - left trigger occasionally stops working

No scratches, dents, or other defects. But apparently I slam my DS' left trigger against concrete in my sleep or something because they always fucking break when everything else is fine.

Reactions: 1 person

hkz8000

Trophies
XP
Country
my ds's left trigger is dead, the right trigger is partially dead, a third of my top screen is dead pixels, the hinges are completely cracked and the stylus holding slot is loose.

Apart from that, completely fine.

Reactions: 1 person

Puregamer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DSlite - left trigger completely dead
DSlite - left trigger half working
DSi - left trigger occasionally stops working

No scratches, dents, or other defects. But apparently I slam my DS' left trigger against concrete in my sleep or something because they always fucking break when everything else is fine.

do you carry your ds in your pocket usually? The trigger buttons get messed up because dust collects inside of them. I've had that problem quite a bit too, it's usually because you travel with it in your pocket and the trigger buttons (left in your case) stay pressed and dust collects. Blowing into the crease between the button and the ds body normally helps fix it.

lufere7

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Scratches all over my dsi, I can't spring carts in slot-1 and both triggers stop working randomly and I have to blow in them, but if I do, it starts shutting off randomly :(

defunct32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Wow! I enjoyed reading (not that I enjoyed reading what's happening to your DSes ... wait, that doesn't sound right.. uh) all your replies. Didn't expect any kind of respond though.

nothing big for me, my ds phat started becoming discoloured, and dust filled up the screens, because i carried it around in my pocket all day and the edges rubbed against the inside. My lite was in good condition, the matte finish on my dsi eventually rubbed off and it became somewhat...shiny. So far my 3DS is in good condition besides for one scratch on the top screen which i don't remember getting.

OH one thing about the 3DS that really bothers me is that the bottom screen leaves marks on the top screen. Such as there is a mark of the circle pad on the top screen as well as the raised surface surrounding the bottom screen. I don't know if it's a defect or if it's just like that, it annoys me because it will eventually leave a mark on the top screen.

I was thinking of getting the 3DS since there are games I want but the "there is a mark of the circle pad on the top screen as well as the raised surface surrounding the bottom screen." part sure as hell will bother me >.

Puregamer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Scratches all over my dsi, I can't spring carts in slot-1 and both triggers stop working randomly and I have to blow in them, but if I do, it starts shutting off randomly :(

ohh i feel like a jerk now, yea i guess that's the problem with blowing in them. I learned that trick with my dsi and then after a while it started shutting off randomly...i guess internally it becomes moist and starts messing up. What i did before hand was take off the buttons and clean it from the inside, i know that was possible with phat and lite, but not with dsi, i never tried taking them off completely because it seemed too risky, but i'm pretty sure its not possible without taking the dsi apart.
Wow! I enjoyed reading (not that I enjoyed reading what's happening to your DSes ... wait, that doesn't sound right.. uh) all your replies. Didn't expect any kind of respond though.

I was thinking of getting the 3DS since there are games I want but the "there is a mark of the circle pad on the top screen as well as the raised surface surrounding the bottom screen." part sure as hell will bother me >.<

ahaha yea it's pretty annoying, if you leave it in one spot nothing happens, it's only when you move it around. And like i said i don't know if it happens to anyone else, never heard anyone complaining about it, guess it's just a defect.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got my old phat DS, still works 100% the plastic on the top screen has wrinkled a little and it looks as if you put a screen protector on wrong but apart from that perfectly playable and the wrinkle part doesnt show up if the console is on.

How good is this as well, I imported the machine from america on launch and I still have the original stylus and it still stays in the machine without falling out if its not in use

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got 2 DS's.
1st one was great, only scratches. Then DS games stopped working. Then I lost it.
The one i have now is perfect... except no DS games can be read.

Hebon

Dabbling in the videogamagical
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My white DS LIte is like new, even after owning it for 6+ years. I love everything about it too.

It will be a dark day when I need to buy another one, or even upgrade.

defunct32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
^ Freezing white screen? Actually sometimes my XL wouldn't detect commercial game card, gotta eject and re-insert but ever since I got my Acekard it's always in my XL unless I need to upload some games, so I kinda believe NDS got some contact issues which easily happens :\

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
My DS lite.

Few dead pixels on the top screen.
Broken hinge.
Problem with the rubber membrane for both + control pad and A button.

That's all of it i guess. :glare:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)