Gaming What's The State Of Your NDS Now?

defunct32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Cool! I guess nothing stays perfect forever.. ;P anyway I noticed the touch screen (or bottom screen) always tend to be a little bit more yellow than the top. I wonder why.

saviorkross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a black DSLite with the broken hinge I gorilla glued back together. It also blew a fuse last year because of a faulty MicroSD I used in an original R4, so I bridged the fuse. Still works like a charm though, and the screens look as good as the day I bought it. It only gets used for Colors! anymore though, because of the 3DS' seemingly lacking pressure sensitivity.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then that's corrosion... it's a bit rusty too... and my slot-1 has a bit of this green thing (it come out with the cartridge). I don't know a careful way to clean the slot-1.

Ouch. That's not good. Don't have an easy solution for you to clear the corrosion from Slot-1,
(you'll probably have to open the DS to do this)
but to prevent this from happening again, you may want to start keeping your DS inside a case with a desiccant pack. It's clearly getting far too humid wherever you're keeping it.
(You can often find silica gel desiccant packs inside boxes with new shoes, or pill bottles containing gel capsules)

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DS Lite is still pretty much brand spanking new. No scratches on the top screen, and just a few tiny marks on the bottom.

Too bad i barely use the thing now though, would sell it if it werent for the fact i need it to update my Acekard for 3DS. (And for the occasional self pokemon trading lol

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It's clearly getting far too humid wherever you're keeping it.

I couldn't resist but:

:creep:

--

Mine has the motherboard left, and the lower screen. The original motherboard was fried due to bad manipulation (this happened while it was on repairs on a relatively well known video game repair center)... the thing is: the guy replaced the mb because he messed up the old one, and it always turned into sleep mode, except on GBA mode...
just to trade in with one lacking a proper touchscreen socket, so after a year later, I figured the dip**** decided to just bridge touchscreen points to mb directly.

Once I decided to swap the casing, those points bent and... no touchscreen games for 1 and half year. Oh, and this guy kept the DS at least 5 months but he'd switch the mb anyway...

Maybe someday i'll find a way to restore those points, and build a DSLite from.... no wait the L & R points are gone too.

(...because the smudges seem to have become permanent on it)

I second this, seems my 3ds suffers from the bottom-screen scratches over the 3D one but thanks godly I got this one with screen protectors from launch day (it's ambassador, yay)

Reactions: 3 people

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSi XL, quietly gathering dust, still well loved and in a place I can see it all the time. I've been using my Wii to emulate older stuff lately, and I have no new DS games to play...

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Got a black and white DSL. Everything still fine. I just replaced the buttons back to original black as the white buttons faded after a year of use. So this one is working perfectly fine.
My DSXL still good. Nothing wrong with it. I just stopped using it after it was too heavy for my pockets and bag. Both of these I've put into cases and not collecting dust in my drawers lol

Bean_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
then that's corrosion... it's a bit rusty too... and my slot-1 has a bit of this green thing (it come out with the cartridge). I don't know a careful way to clean the slot-1.

Ouch. That's not good. Don't have an easy solution for you to clear the corrosion from Slot-1,
(you'll probably have to open the DS to do this)
but to prevent this from happening again, you may want to start keeping your DS inside a case with a desiccant pack. It's clearly getting far too humid wherever you're keeping it.
(You can often find silica gel desiccant packs inside boxes with new shoes, or pill bottles containing gel capsules)
I looked inside the slot-1 and the corrosion appears to be on the sides, and not in the middle where is the "contact" with the cartridge. Sometimes my DS don't read the cartridge, and I have to insert and remove until it get to work. But this happens rarely.
And thanks for the info :)

Reactions: 1 person

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS lite.
When it had teh original shell, the hinge was completely broken.

Now its case replaced. Super cheap. Part of the opening around the power switch broke off. The hinge is cracking again >:( and i noticed cracks around the bottom screen. weird. The left trigger is mostly dead. works 5% of the time. Maybe.

manni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still got the original NDS from when it first came out. The top lost some color so the seams is white the corners are white. The bottom half, some what corners thats about it. Touch screen like new probably from the screen protector like the top. Still works like new tho.
3DS? Well I REFUSE to let its prettiness ruined with scratches. So its purrfect.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
DS Phat: Touch screen stopped working, pretty good cosmetic condition, but has some gluey stuff from an old skin I had put on it.
DS Lite: Pretty good condition, some light scratches from the keys in my pocket. Down on the D-Pad is mushy, and the shoulder buttons are nearly non-functional.
DSi: Pretty good condition, a few light scratches on the touch screen from using a malformed stylus, and some of the fake rubber wore off of the corners from being in my pocket.
DSiXL: minor scratches on the glossy part, with one large, deep scratch there too. L and R don't work well. Otherwise, great condition.
3DS: light scratches in the top from my keys, some of the plastic is starting to wear from being in my pocket *all the time*.

Purchase times: DS Phat: not sure, but after I had the lite for a while - just so I could have a phat one, DS Lite: Christmas 2008, DSi: Used, just after I got the DSiXL, DSiXL: Middle of launch week, 3DS: day after launch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple