Hardware What will happen with nintendo (?)

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
People say Nintendo aim at young audience which is true but kids today don't want what Nintendo offers. Children have such short attention spans and don't want to do anything that doesn't have blood, guts and sex everywhere.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
People say Nintendo aim at young audience which is true but kids today don't want what Nintendo offers. Children have such short attention spans and don't want to do anything that doesn't have blood, guts and sex everywhere.

Of course, that's exactly what I see my 8 yo brother doing... but no.
Don't confuse the teenagers and pre teenagers public with kids.
The public below 10 yo won't probably even know what kind of game are those,
but ask then who is Mario and everyone of them will know.

Mario is nowadays more popular than Mickey,
that alone shows how popular the franchise still is.
It doesn't sell ok on WiiU because nothing really sells fine on WiiU.
The marketing for WiiU is bad, and the title is misleading to most consumers.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Depends what age group. The older kids who are trying to be mature may fit this but my younger kids love Mario games.

Overall the Wii U is a better choice for families considering the age appropriate AAA exclusives, the cheaper price tag, the games in general being cheaper, the off TV play, and the multitude of local co-op games.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Depends what age group. The older kids who are trying to be mature may fit this but my younger kids love Mario games.

Overall the Wii U is a better choice for families considering the age appropriate AAA exclusives, the cheaper price tag, the games in general being cheaper, the off TV play, and the multitude of local co-op games.

New games on PS4 cost $60, the same on WiiU.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not here they don't. Wii U games usually cost around 45-60 euro's, while PS4 and XBone games cost around 55-70 euro's.

You live in netherlands, so that's a totally different case.
I was quoting Blaisedinsd, who is american, so what I said is perfectly valid in his case.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New games on PS4 cost $60, the same on WiiU.

Many new releases on Wii U are $40 or $50 here in the US.

Lego City, Wind Waker, Game and Wario and more

Some games are $60 like PS4. I don't know, were any PS4 launch games cheaper than $60 at retail?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Many new releases on Wii U are $40 or $50 here in the US.

Lego City, Wind Waker, Game and Wario and more

Some games are $60 like PS4. I don't know, were any PS4 launch games cheaper than $60 at retail?

They're not new releases, and PS4 is been out there for such limited time it wasn't possible for games to have their prices cut yet.
The tendency is that both WiiU, PS4 and Xbox One will maintain games for similar prices.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Price cut has to do with retailer and publisher than to do with being a Nintendo game.

All I am saying is that many new releases on Wii U have launched for under $60 and from what I see that is not the case on other consoles. Everything seems to launch $60 for full price.

Heck Wii Fit U is basically $20 for many people.

Reactions: T Link7

T Link7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You live in netherlands, so that's a totally different case.
I was quoting Blaisedinsd, who is american, so what I said is perfectly valid in his case.

Yup, the Netherlands is totally different from the United States... :P The prices here and there are pretty much the same, except the dollar sign gets replaced with the euro sign (you lucky bastards). Plus, plenty of games launched with prices below 60 euros, like for example Pikmin 3 (45 euros), New Super Luigi U (40 euros) and Super Mario 3D World (50 euros).

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I saw news about the console in blackfriday, and it is very dangerous for the company, whats going to do nintendo for their future consoles. ??

maybe the console sold slightly this went on sale last year and this year ps4 and xboxone.
What news are you talking about?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All I am saying is that many new releases on Wii U have launched for under $60 and from what I see that is not the case on other consoles. Everything seems to launch $60 for full price.

Heck Wii Fit U is basically $20 for many people.
Assuming people already have Wii Balance Board that is. Actual MSRP for Wii Fit U retail disc is $60.

Super Mario 3D World has MSRP of $60. So is Sonic Lost World, Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Batman AC, and many more WIi U games.

Yes there are some Wii U games that have MSRP less than $60, like Lego Undercover City ($50 MSRP), but in general most Wii U game has suggested retail price of $60.

As time pass by where demand begins to fall (less and less people buying it), retailer and/or publisher will drop price to stimulate sales.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wind Waker HD is $50 same as Lego City, not $60

Game and Wario is $40

Wii fit U disc is $50 and comes with the $20 fit meter.

Wii Party U is also $50 and comes with a $40 controller and a gamepad stand.

It is nice that they don't charge the full $60 for every single game automatically.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yup, the Netherlands is totally different from the United States... :P The prices here and there are pretty much the same, except the dollar sign gets replaced with the euro sign (you lucky bastards). Plus, plenty of games launched with prices below 60 euros, like for example Pikmin 3 (45 euros), New Super Luigi U (40 euros) and Super Mario 3D World (50 euros).

That's still better than the brazilian situation.
New releases usually cost over $80, and games usually don't get much cheaper over the years.
That's why I opt to digital distribution, paying the price in dollars.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You realize that 45 euros is about $61 dollars, right?

Even at the lowest end, they're paying more.

45 euros > 61 euros
45 dollars > 61 dollars

But yeah, if you convert them, they are about the same amount. But then at that rate, our 60 dollar games would be 80 for them. :huh: Be grateful you don't have to convert currencies when you buy a game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already