Hacking Hardware Wii U No Display (Logs dumped)

roFlash2k4

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Tried right now, and it is turning off with a short press from the state of black screen and purple light.
Post automatically merged:

Solved mine! I uninstalled ISFShax and tried to boot normally. Again, blue led no image (black screen).
I tried again with an AV Wii cable. It worked :)
Finalized setup and tried again with the HDMI cable (the cable that I'm using with my Nintendo Switch daily). Didn't work.
I changed the cable with a new one and it is working flawless!

So, it was a basic fault. I tried with AV port connection before beginning working on it, and it didn't work. Also, the seller told me that it is no image and it sold it as spares or repair.

Last edited by roFlash2k4,
Reactions: SDIO

Techo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Check the slc dump with nandBinCheck (wrong HMAC on scfm.img is fine) https://github.com/koolkdev/wiiuqt/releases
If there are no other error s on the SLC, you might just try to rebuild the MLC. There is no indication that this is the problem, but I don't have a better idea atm than just reinstalling everything

SLC.PNG

All seems to be fine, just one bad HMAC as you said that is fine

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You could extract the /sys/proc/prefs/AVMCfg.xml from the SLC. That would tell us to which video output it is set too.

Tried right now, and it is turning off with a short press from the state of black screen and purple light.

Solved mine! I uninstalled ISFShax and tried to boot normally. Again, blue led no image (black screen).
I tried again with an AV Wii cable. It worked :)
Finalized setup and tried again with the HDMI cable (the cable that I'm using with my Nintendo Switch daily). Didn't work.
I changed the cable with a new one and it is working flawless!

So, it was a basic fault. I tried with AV port connection before beginning working on it, and it didn't work. Also, the seller told me that it is no image and it sold it as spares or repair.
Yeah thats what the power off test was for. If it still can turn off, it is likely just the video output

Techo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could extract the /sys/proc/prefs/AVMCfg.xml from the SLC. That would tell us to which video output it is set too.

Yeah thats what the power off test was for. If it still can turn off, it is likely just the video output

1713301466646.png

its in component which i'm not surpised by as i used a capture card with component, i don't have anything directly on me that can use component would i need to change this or should it be fine?

Techo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah the Wii U won't output on HDMI if it is set to component. You could use https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/wiiuqt/tree/master/fileInjector to change the file and inject it into your dump and flash it back.

Or you could try to sync the tablet in the recovery.

Yeah i'll try doing that, for rebuilding the MLC i just follow along with "rebuilding the MLC guide" linked in your profile right? but start from rebuilding the mlc bit
1713302425180.png

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you could try running the setup without erasing and without anything in the wafel_install folder. That should then still trigger the Initial setup, which might reset the TV settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle