Hacking What Wii games have classic controller patch?

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I know that you cant play Wii VC injects with WiiU gamepad, but if you make an inject and patch the game to support it, you can play the game with WiiU gamepad, but ONLY if the game supports classic controller in the first place.

Now i know for a fact that "Donkey Kong Country returns" for the Wii does NOT support classic controller, it can ONLY be played with Wiimote held sideways... BUT (yes, there is a but) i also know that the game it self, the wii iso/backup CAN be patched (not in teconmoon injector) to emulate classic controller, and for example shaking wii mote makes donkey roll or blow, but this patch binds those controlls to zR so instead of shaking you just press zR and you can use the game with classic controller and inject it into teconmoon and play it with WiiU gamepad, EVEN though it is NOT supported officially.

As you can see on this master list of all wii games that officially support classic controller, thus, are able to be played WITH WiiU gamepad.

So my question is....is there some list of Wii games that are patched to use classic controller?

For example kirby return to dreamland would be cool, cause it only supports wiimote held sideways.... but id like to know if there is some list or if someone knows so i can make a list or him/her.... it would be nice to have it. :)

Please, post list of games that have that patch.

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only know of Donkey Kong and New Super Mario Bros. wii, but will do some searching and let you know, I'm interested in This as well.

Reactions: MetoMeto

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Kirby return to dream land

but FEAR NOT.

There's something in the way! A way to emulate wiimote with gc controller. So you can use gamecube controller or any controller/adapter like ps2 or saturn controller, plugged in the gamecube port, I think.

The wii will think it is a wiimote.

Link here

and Here!

The wii U is currently not supported, but like I Said: Is in the way...

Last edited by almmiron,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's something in the way! A way to emulate wiimote with gc controller. So you can use gamecube controller or any controller/adapter like ps2 or saturn controller, plugged in the gamecube port, I think.
The Wii U has no GameCube port.

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Kirby return to dream land

but FEAR NOT.

The wii will think it is a wiimote.

Link here

and Here!

The wii U is currently not supported, but like I Said: Is in the way...
cool, i must try this!
i wonder if metroid other m could be patched to use gc controller...

Jinx_Dojo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Years ago I posted this which points to a few Classic Controller codes. That thread may have more now. However, some may have (also) been on Geckocodes--which shut down abruptly last fall, unfortunately.

Personally, I'm very interested in this idea (i.e. enabling more gamepad support). In some discussions on the old WiiBrew IRC Channel, I've learned that Nintendo, unfortunately, did not fully implement the controller emulator for the gamepad. It does seem odd though: the WiiU injection compatibility list shows that certain games do work with the gamepad (e.g. Kirby's Epic Yarn--even though it lacks the necessary tilt/point), yet others simply don't. New Super Mario Bros. Wii was apparently even tested with the OP's (et al) idea of first applying the Classic Controller patch to the ISO/DOL:

No available configuration works to enable GamePad support, CC .gct code applies to real CC though when patching the main.dol (tested with TeconMoon 3.0.0).

I do appreciate the link to Wiimote emulation using Gamecube controllers. It's very interesting on it's own. However, I don't think it'll apply to this situation--at least not anytime soon. (Though the author may have the technical expertise to do something similar for WiiU.)

Here's hoping that one day we see the WiiU Gamepad as capable as it always should have been!

Reactions: jacobsson

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice