• Views 7,632
  • Replies 137

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario RPG, sometime in the late 90's or early 00's when my friends first showed me the game, for which I downloaded to play on ZSNES.

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm not entirely sure, I believe it was one of the GBA Pokemon games (Played it on VBA).
Can blame my cousin for that though, visited him once and he was playing Pokemon on his laptop (Which at the time I thought was crazy)
Took me a long time to learn about emulators and how they worked though :P
Now I pirate nearly everything :evil:

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pokemon on emulator.
I had the original game on cartridge but I wanted to play the game with gameshark cheats :)

angelus kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If i remember correctly, muy first pirated game was fire red on visual boy advance emulator and in that i don't know how to use cheats but muy cousin told me how to do that in emerald versión in 2004

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first pirated game was I think Pokemon Gold or Sliver. It was when i was using looking for stuff that could get me free games on my old iPhone then found GBA4IOS. This was three years ago.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Must be 2000/2001. My PC was a real crappy piece of shit that is called Windows ME and it took several attempts but the first rom I managed to get working was Donkey Kong Land 2 on the SMYGB emulator. SNES unfortunately wouldn't work until we upgraded our computer two years later.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Doom 1
can't remember how many Floppys it was back than but yeah it was my first game ever one my first computer ! must be about 20 years back maybe a little bit longer.

----edit------

now that I see that c64 above my post.... ^^V

completely forgot about these ... got this from my dad like 25 years ago ... I think most of the games were actually pirated but I am not sure XD

Last edited by Youkai,

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember (I pirate so much, next up is Kirby: Planet Robobot). But the best game I pirated was Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (Wii).

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
back on 199x, or even before(I'm from 90 :P ) pirate snes carts where easier to find than original ones around here :B
Idk aboutr megadrive but I think was almost the same lol
Before me, there wasn't an actuall nintendo representation here so almost all of the nes/fc games where pirate XD(mostly in fc format)
we got nintendo representation (by gradiente) on nes a bit late, until the start of GC and now we don't even have an offcial importer like we did xD

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tough question... Must have been some PC game on a burned disc. I think Half-Life, maybe Rollercoaster Tycoon, GTA or Pitfall! - The Mayan Adventure.

My first emulation experience were fantranslated GBC ROMs of Pokémon Gold/Silver on the REW emulator.

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My first pirtated game was a gb one. Super Mario Land 2 6 golden coins. This was, i think, in 2009/2010 from a german nintendo rom site. which offered a small collection of old nintendo consoles. I was really nervous because this is illegal and i can get busted. now i haven't a problem with it anymore and i download every good game for the 3ds or for my wiiu. this wasn't my first contact with pirate i use a pirated microsoft office 2010 and my half sister had an R4 card for the ds lite. this was my first contact with it. i liked the card, because so many games and i only had so few. In 2011 my dream came true with my first ds flashcard the supercard dstwo. I miss it. :cry:

xeronut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.net
XP
Country
United States
Vandal Hearts for the PlayStation. I owned the game but my buddy (much more tech-literate than I was/am) and I learned of the boot-swap method for running burned games, so we practiced for the better part of 4 hours getting the timing right. We felt like we'd won the lottery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.