Now that Microsoft has bought Activision-Blizzard, will they license their IP to indy developers?

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A system where you give them an outline of your game, and Microsoft gives you conditional approval to use IP from a specific game. Once you've finished the game you submit it to Microsoft who then checks it for playability (game mechanics, code quality, adherence to canon, adult rating, etc) and once it's approved you can sell your game, with Microsoft taking a cut on sales?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't sound like Microsoft tbh.
Edit: stranger things have happened tho, even fucking Disney, who had the reputation of hoarding IP like a shitty dragon, more recently let the original creators have access to it for stuff like Return to Monkey Island, so I guess anything is possible.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Depends on the quality of the vertical slice, I'd say.

Like the Killer Instinct scenario, where there was some interest in looking for someone who would develop it and then came Double Helix with its tech demo and convinced the higher-ups to award them with the revival.

Its more of a "what can you bring to the table" kind of thing. I also suspect that it has to align with their current strategy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols