i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you transition (or detransition) to your not preferred sex for $100 billion?

So for cis guys for example, you have to transition to female with surgery/medicine etc

Pre everything trans have to stay in that state

Transitioned trans have to detransition with hormones and surgery etc

You have to live as a person in your not preferred sex/gender including voice training, clothing etc (until your natural death)

Is living an inauthentic life worth becoming one of the richest people on the planet?

Personally I wouldn't do it, life is too short and money isn't everything

My good pal (who is also a cis man) said he would take the money and go on vacations and eat whatever "she" wants for the next 60 years

What about you guys?

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People that say "money isn't everything" have obviously never been poor. I don't have a single problem right now that money can't solve.

And hell yeah, I'd do it for that much.
I have been stupidly poor, like unstable housing, power turned off, no water, not able to feed my pets, going to food banks, not being able to wash my clothes etc

but life is short and I'd rather try my best to get out of that situation than live an inauthentic life

If I was literally starving to death perhaps I would think differently, but it's hard for that to happen in the US because of soup kitchens and food banks

Fien

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not rich at all, but no. Absolutely no.

With $100 billion I can drive and go on vacations wherever and whenever I want, but I think it won't compensate for the fact that I'll seeing someone who's not me every time I take a selfie of look in a mirror :wacko: I think that's even worse then dying by starving.

Reactions: SylverReZ

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You could commit to transition, and you get paid big money for it, instead of getting stuck for years trying to prove you are not insane, or too young, or having a uncooperative doctor with their own personal beliefs preventing you to do anything, you say?
That sounds like a great deal to me.

• Love

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Is living an inauthentic life worth becoming one of the richest people on the planet?
All the richest people in the world sure seem to think so (or behave that way anyway).

YES i would transition for $100 freaking BILLION (provided the monkey paw doesn't start WW3 or devalue the dollar the very next day just to spite me).

None of my interests or activities or needs or wants are defined by my sex. I could still do pretty much everything I want and everything I ever wanted, and while I'm somewhat attached to my dick, a sum of money that guarantees my kids and their kids will be taken care of without even taking a dent? Honey, no dick is that good.

You really need to tweak the question though. Questions like this lose meaning when you talk about sums that people can't even comprehend properly because it's not something they will ever encounter in real life. You might as well say "an infinite amount of money." Use a realistic sum, a frame of reference to weigh pros and cons against.

Let me put things into perspective here. A million dollars would set me up for life. Two million would set my kids up as well. As in "never have to work a day / never have to worry about finances" set up. Two million. And if you offered that, I would be weighing pros and cons. And "money isn't everything" would make its way into the conversation, probably.

But ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS? Me and my kids and their kids set for life and still have 99,99 billion left over? Where do I sign?

Dick isn't everything.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I truly don't think I would. And not because I think it's immoral, but because I just don't think it's healthy. I also believe this body is probably about as good as it gets when it comes to spiritual gifts, and though I haven't done a particularly great job taking as well care of it as perhaps I should have, I believe it has great value that should be respected. A fine craftsman has given it to me.

All that fancy-pantsy stuff said, now that I'm 52, it's kinda happening naturally. My tits are getting bigger than my wife's, and I'm perhaps more of the wife in the relationship now. :lol:

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The smartest solution to this is to say yes, invest everything into a 5 year plan, cash it out, break the contract, give back the 100 billion, and enjoy life with the 5 to 15 billion you earned in interest. Transition to whatever you want after, you now have enough untouchable money to literally do whatever you feel like, whenever you want.
Even if this plan causes some economic mayhem in the process the sums involved are so vast it makes no effective difference to your personal living standards.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't see why not. The way I see it, I'd still be me, I'd still be living life the way I wanted to, it would just be a higher quality of life due to actually being able to afford stuff, looking different on the outside wouldn't actually change who I am. And it's not like I like what I look like right now anyway, so things couldn't get much worse there.
I don't see any drawbacks with this.

Reactions: Veho

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the richest people in the world sure seem to think so (or behave that way anyway).

YES i would transition for $100 freaking BILLION (provided the monkey paw doesn't start WW3 or devalue the dollar the very next day just to spite me).

None of my interests or activities or needs or wants are defined by my sex. I could still do pretty much everything I want and everything I ever wanted, and while I'm somewhat attached to my dick, a sum of money that guarantees my kids and their kids will be taken care of without even taking a dent? Honey, no dick is that good.

You really need to tweak the question though. Questions like this lose meaning when you talk about sums that people can't even comprehend properly because it's not something they will ever encounter in real life. You might as well say "an infinite amount of money." Use a realistic sum, a frame of reference to weigh pros and cons against.

Let me put things into perspective here. A million dollars would set me up for life. Two million would set my kids up as well. As in "never have to work a day / never have to worry about finances" set up. Two million. And if you offered that, I would be weighing pros and cons. And "money isn't everything" would make its way into the conversation, probably.

But ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS? Me and my kids and their kids set for life and still have 99,99 billion left over? Where do I sign?

Dick isn't everything.
Perhaps I am just selfish, but to me life is very fragile and ethereal

From my perspective you will die one way or another, for all I know today - 10 minutes from now

All we really have is our own will and determination. And once we die everything we cared about is meaningless and over

So we choose what we value. For me my first value is following my own directive and not compromising in who I am and what I want. So it would almost be like dying before I died to give up my will and do something like that - I would rather continue my current life. For me infinite money (as you put it) is not worth that breaking of my will

• Wow

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously you guys ruin the spirit of the question to discuss "loop holes"

Yes I could spend 5 minutes writing in legalese so there could be no legitimate loop holes, but it's more fun to keep it simple and accept the proposition

If you don't have a preferred gender (you are nonbinary etc) then the question probably can't apply to you

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see why not. The way I see it, I'd still be me, I'd still be living life the way I wanted to, it would just be a higher quality of life due to actually being able to afford stuff, looking different on the outside wouldn't actually change who I am. And it's not like I like what I look like right now anyway, so things couldn't get much worse there.
I don't see any drawbacks with this.

Then you're either remarkably more self aware than most, and really look beyond surfaces, or unknowingly trans. And I don't mean this in an accusatory - derogatory way.

Last edited by Dark_Ansem,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Then you're either remarkably more self aware than most, and really look beyond surfaces, or unknowingly trans. And I don't mean this in an accusatory - derogatory way.
I don't think I'm trans, I've entertained the thought, but I'm not at all unhappy with being male. At the same time, I don't think I would be unhappy with being female either. Being a huge nerd, I'm not particularly masculine to begin with, so it doesn't seem like it would be a huge change.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol