x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy to say because I don't find the game that interesting. Yes Ocarina of Time set the standard for adventure games like Super Mario 64 set the standard for 3D platformers but I can say Super Mario 64 is better than Ocarina of Time because of substance over spectacle (spectacle as it is very cinematic). The only reason people say Ocarina of Time is a great game because its simple (its easier than the previous Zelda games) just a rehash of Link to a Past.
Ocarina of Time is interesting for its puzzle mechanics in 3 dimensions, which is hard to really grasp now because it's in every game - but was pioneering for its time and really had no equal

Sure it's an early adventure game so it's easy to find its flaws

And if you think OoT is easier than windwaker I got a bridge to sell you (windwaker is 100x more tedious in parts, but you almost never get a game over)

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried playing it a couple of times and I got distracted by other things I could be doing. Wasn't sure if it was just a matter of not giving it a chance. I play Zelda for its mostly linear structure (with sidequests). I never played Zelda for its sidequests, and that's what MM seems like to me.

Needless to say, BoTW and TotK were not made for me. (Though they were well made)

As far as I'm concerned a walthrough is mandatory to play Majora's Mask, otherwise it's way too much of a hassle to figure out the correct sequence of events to get the Bombers notebook and all the masks. The best thing in the game for me is the dungeons, there are only 4 of them but they're nicely designed.

Final Fantasy VII

Oh yeah tell me about it. I really wanted to like this game bur never could play it for very long.

Reactions: BigOnYa and tabzer

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm concerned a walthrough is mandatory to play Majora's Mask, otherwise it's way too much of a hassle to figure out the correct sequence of events to get the Bombers notebook and all the masks. The best thing in the game for me is the dungeons, there are only 4 of them but they're nicely designed.

Oh yeah tell me about it. I really wanted to like this game bur never could play it for very long.
You are doing a disservice if you're playing Majora's Mask with a walkthrough.

Reactions: Marc_LFD and x65943

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

I think I would have to use a guide to ~%100 it. I don't like using guides for games, in general, but I like to find out if there are "missables". Considering the repeating format of Majora's mask, I am inclined to think that there aren't any.

I've been playing Baldur's Gate 3 lately, and it's been forcing me to reconsider using guides at all.

Reactions: Ligeia

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I would have to use a guide to ~%100 it. I don't like using guides for games, in general, but I like to find out if there are "missables". Considering the repeating format of Majora's mask, I am inclined to think that there aren't any.

I've been playing Baldur's Gate 3 lately, and it's been forcing me to reconsider using guides at all.
As far as I'm concerned the games requires way too much guesswork and trial & error to figure out what to do regarding all the masks sidequests, especially when specific timeframes are involved. I guess the upgraded 3DS Bombers Books helps a lot, but it was just all too vague for me even back in the day. And since finishing the game does require quite a few masks, if you don't wanna waste a lot of time a walkthrough is more or less mandatory at some points. But of course it's a matter of taste, some people like guessing and running in circles and that's very fine. It all depends on what you like in a game.

If you use a walkthrough imo you might as well just watch a let's play
It's not the same thing at all.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GTA V is excessively overrated and GTA VI (or as I like to call it: GTA V 2.0) will be no different, if anything, even bigger just because it's a new GTA.

CoD. Any of them. All of them. Utter garbage that has a generation of fucking morons who all think they are navy seals. Sue me.
Dude, I played CoD4:MW many years ago on my 360 and it was an amazing experience, the gameplay was fantastic, going around the stages really felt natural, and seeing Chernobyl in a video game was pretty dang impressive.

That's pretty much my favorite CoD of all. I also played CoD:MW although it didn't really interest me that much, except for the airport stage and the snow racing one. lol

Reactions: Xzi

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm concerned the games requires way too much guesswork and trial & error to figure out what to do regarding all the masks sidequests, especially when specific timeframes are involved. I guess the upgraded 3DS Bombers Books helps a lot, but it was just all too vague for me even back in the day. And since finishing the game does require quite a few masks, if you don't wanna waste a lot of time a walkthrough is more or less mandatory at some points. But of course it's a matter of taste, some people like guessing and running in circles and that's very fine. It all depends on what you like in a game.

It's not the same thing at all.
Its not really that vague, I would say the N64 Bombers Notebook is better.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imo people saying Naughty Dog have never even played TLoU or Uncharted and are just on a hate-wagon they never jumped off of.
Those are indeed great games, I played the first three Uncharted games and loved the first two, didn't really like U3 all that much, but they are high quality games no doubt.

TLoU is also superb. I think the prob is that folks are annoyed they don't make anything else other than that.

Reactions: RedColoredStars

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those are indeed great games, I played the first three Uncharted games and loved the first two, didn't really like U3 all that much, but they are high quality games no doubt.

TLoU is also superb. I think the prob is that folks are annoyed they don't make anything else other than that.

That is certainly a possibility. The reason I said most people haven't even played them is because of the troves of people that said TLoU 2 sucked and when asked if they've ever played it.... "No. And I don't ever want to play that woke ass trash." LOL! Also because of comments I've seen about Uncharted like "I haven't played it because I like to play games, not watch them.", as if there's little to no gameplay in the Uncharted games. It's clear people making those kinds of comments have never played them and for how good both series actually are.... I have to just assume people saying they are over-rated haven't played them. TLoU milked to death? Absolutely. Over-rated? Not at all.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Any football manager game. if you reading this and play football manager games. dont. with other games you experience something with them its just lost time. im talking from experience.

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Any football manager game. if you reading this and play football manager games. dont. with other games you experience something with them its just lost time. im talking from experience.
Why play a football game where you arent actually playing football?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Why play a football game where you arent actually playing football?

its like you can buy, sell players. manage the team. tactics. bring youth players to your senior team.....

you-wouldnt-get-it-joker.gif

Reactions: Xzi and Xdqwerty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto