After the Switch2, what do you think the Switch3 will look like?

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think that Nintendo will be interested in making their hardware more compact, providing they can still squeeze in tech that's equivalent to the PS4 Pro or something. I think they might actually experiment with folding screens - so you have a device that can be used like a standard switch, but then you can partial fold it and attach the controllers in portrait mode to play 3DS style games. Could probably fully fold it to make it more portable, but that depends on a solution for the protruding joysticks.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I hope AR glasses really kick in before then. There is only so much of a physical screen you can put into a device before it is no longer portable, in any sense of the word. Without a screen on the actual hardware, you only have to worry about space for things inside and heat. An ar screen can be much bigger and any shape you want. With optional streaming, you wouldn't even need to carry the main device with you.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If Nintendo releases a new console it's probably gonna be the last anyway... So let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we ?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They will think of some weird new gimmick

Perhaps electrodes on the head to "control" the game with the mind

Reactions: BigOnYa

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Assuming they will drop cartridges and finally catch up to Blu ray, I think it will look like a regular disc player... but with some quirky gimmick that 50% of gamers will hate.

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is known for successful gimmicks. I think the most likely will be a social one.
Something like StreetPass rebooted. I could see maybe having a dongle or mobile component like the Pokewalker.
If they try a hardware gimmick....maybe a built in HD projector?

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
you're still a bit off with how things work, so let me enlighten you, the switch is weak because it's the most compact hardware that can still be affordable by the majority of end users, they can make it more compact and more powerful but it'll be far more expensive, they'll always stay two generations behind because they're playing on two factors, Nostalgia and portability.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO