Hardware What price does the Wii U normally sell for?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,112
  • Replies 12
D

Deleted User

OP
I've been looking into getting a wii u, but they seem to sell for $150 -> $300 online, but I've heard rumors for sales as low as $40. How much are they actually worth and where should I look for them?
Also, is it possible to use a wii u without a gamepad? If so, what are the alternatives?

Last edited by ,

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I've been looking into getting a wii u, but they seem to sell for $150 -> $300 online, but I've heard rumors for sales as low as $40. How much are they actually worth and where should I look for them?
Also, is it possible to use a wii u without a gamepad? If so, what are the alternatives?
The price of the Wii U is pretty inconsistent to say the least. But it all depends on the following: the condition of the system, any extras it may include (or not), and most importantly whether or not it comes with a GamePad. The main places that come to mind on where to find them are Amazon, eBay, and the infamous GameStop. (Your malige will vary regardless) And there is no simple alternative to use a Wii U without a GamePad. The only alternative I know of is DRC-Sim but it takes a while to set up. So if I were you, I'd just stick to get at the bare minimum a Wii U with a GamePad.

Last edited by GABO1423, , Reason: typo.
D

Deleted User

OP
The price of the Wii U is pretty inconsistent to say the least. But it all depends on the following: the condition of the system, any extras it may include (or not), and most importantly whether or not it comes with a GamePad. The main places that come to mind on where to find them are Amazon, eBay, and the infamous GameStop. (Your malige will vary regardless) And there is no simple alternative to use a Wii U without a GamePad. The only alternative I know of is DRC-Sim but it takes a while to set up. So if I were you, I'd just stick to get at the bare minimum a Wii U with a GamePad.
I decided to just but one off ebay. And w/ everything except a sensor bar, it was $150 with free shipping. I’m sure I could’ve got one for cheaper, but covid makes it harder to do that since everyone shops online.

Reactions: GABO1423

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never personally seen it for anywhere near $40, doesn't mean it never happened, but the prices I saw were at least $100. On Amazon the last time I checked they were $300. So I think you did ok.

D

Deleted User

OP
Got mine for $120 USD.
Recently? It averages $160 according to ebay.
I've never personally seen it for anywhere near $40, doesn't mean it never happened, but the prices I saw were at least $100. On Amazon the last time I checked they were $300. So I think you did ok.
Amazon sells it in new condition. Apparently it averages $160 used now, but it used to be around $50.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I see the Wii U priced high on Ebay sometimes but if I check my local ads I can get it much cheaper.
Thats probably true, but I can’t really go places rn, so that’s not much of an option. Also, some people scam w/ local sales.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently? It averages $160 according to ebay.

Amazon sells it in new condition. Apparently it averages $160 used now, but it used to be around $50.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thats probably true, but I can’t really go places rn, so that’s not much of an option. Also, some people scam w/ local sales.

Not recently that how much I pay when I bought one, of course the price went up with the pandemic going on.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About 3-4 months after Wii U launched I would check craigslist everyday and somebody was selling an 8 gb for $140. I contact them through text and go to their house. I knock on the door and this huge biker like 6'5 answers the door I was thinking oh crap what have I got myself into. But he let's me in and he was really cool he said Gamestop was going to only give him like $130, and it came with New Super Mario Bros U. I still have that Wii U today.

D

Deleted User

OP
About 3-4 months after Wii U launched I would check craigslist everyday and somebody was selling an 8 gb for $140. I contact them through text and go to their house. I knock on the door and this huge biker like 6'5 answers the door I was thinking oh crap what have I got myself into. But he let's me in and he was really cool he said Gamestop was going to only give him like $130, and it came with New Super Mario Bros U. I still have that Wii U today.
Nice, but sometimes people will do stuff like sell broken systems and stuff like that, didn’t mean IRL stuff like that lol.

LostinWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i always buy 2nd hand consoles.
here in italy on a famous 2nd hand site wii us go for from 90 euros to 200
i paid mine 120 from a guy who played 4 times and don't like.
its the black 32 gb

sxysmore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Facebook Marketplace is always a good place to check. A lot of parents selling their kid's consoles who don't really know what the real value of the console is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Woody's got wood.