1. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

I've been looking into getting a wii u, but they seem to sell for $150 -> $300 online, but I've heard rumors for sales as low as $40. How much are they actually worth and where should I look for them?
    Also, is it possible to use a wii u without a gamepad? If so, what are the alternatives?

Last edited Jul 5, 2020
  2. GABO1423

GABO1423 Vergación...

Venezuela
    The price of the Wii U is pretty inconsistent to say the least. But it all depends on the following: the condition of the system, any extras it may include (or not), and most importantly whether or not it comes with a GamePad. The main places that come to mind on where to find them are Amazon, eBay, and the infamous GameStop. (Your malige will vary regardless) And there is no simple alternative to use a Wii U without a GamePad. The only alternative I know of is DRC-Sim but it takes a while to set up. So if I were you, I'd just stick to get at the bare minimum a Wii U with a GamePad.

Last edited by GABO1423, Jul 5, 2020 - Reason: typo.
  3. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

I decided to just but one off ebay. And w/ everything except a sensor bar, it was $150 with free shipping. I’m sure I could’ve got one for cheaper, but covid makes it harder to do that since everyone shops online.

GABO1423 likes this.
  4. Jayinem81

Jayinem81 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've never personally seen it for anywhere near $40, doesn't mean it never happened, but the prices I saw were at least $100. On Amazon the last time I checked they were $300. So I think you did ok.

5. rmorris003

rmorris003 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I see the Wii U priced high on Ebay sometimes but if I check my local ads I can get it much cheaper.

6. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Got mine for $120 USD.

7. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

Recently? It averages $160 according to ebay.
    Amazon sells it in new condition. Apparently it averages $160 used now, but it used to be around $50.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Thats probably true, but I can’t really go places rn, so that’s not much of an option. Also, some people scam w/ local sales.

8. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Not recently that how much I pay when I bought one, of course the price went up with the pandemic going on.

9. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

Yup.

10. Jayinem81

Jayinem81 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    About 3-4 months after Wii U launched I would check craigslist everyday and somebody was selling an 8 gb for $140. I contact them through text and go to their house. I knock on the door and this huge biker like 6'5 answers the door I was thinking oh crap what have I got myself into. But he let's me in and he was really cool he said Gamestop was going to only give him like $130, and it came with New Super Mario Bros U. I still have that Wii U today.

11. Deleted User

OP Deleted User Newbie

Nice, but sometimes people will do stuff like sell broken systems and stuff like that, didn’t mean IRL stuff like that lol.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - normally, price,