binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, new chip? A15? I guess...

What confuses me is why Apple put the iPhone 13's A15 Bionic into the 14 line, which is just plain laziness.

They’ve been literally “phoning it in”…my wife got the new 14 and her old 13 fits in the case but the buttons moved juuuuuust enough not to work. Lazy. 100%

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC, bought on launch day.
Love this little beast. One of the best performance/price ratios I've ever seen in my life.

Upgrading soon-ish to a Poco X4 GT for that 5G goodness, as it is the *only* accessible phone (out of 4) in GSM Arena's Phone Finder that matches my requirements (5G, IR, LCD, 3.5mm jack, 5 Ah+ battery, 2.6MHz+ CPU, 6GB+ RAM)

I don't get the raging boner against 3.5mm mainstream brands have these days, nor the lack of IR.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC, bought on launch day.
Love this little beast. One of the best performance/price ratios I've ever seen in my life.

Upgrading soon-ish to a Poco X4 GT for that 5G goodness, as it is the *only* accessible phone (out of 4) in GSM Arena's Phone Finder that matches my requirements (5G, IR, LCD, 3.5mm jack, 5 Ah+ battery, 2.6MHz+ CPU, 6GB+ RAM)

I don't get the raging boner against 3.5mm mainstream brands have these days, nor the lack of IR.
What can you even use IR for on an Android device? Can't say I've ever had a phone with it.

Dragons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use to own Samsung with slide out keyboard I accidentally dropped it in bucket water still works , can’t do that now with new phones I now own iPhone mini forced upgrade

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been temporarily using a Huawei P20 Lite phone and in general it's very good (quality build-wise), but the phone has way too much pre-installed junk.

This is almost as bad as Samsung and Amazon bloatware. Folks who don't know how to remove just accept and live with it.

Thank goodness for XDA and ADB which we can remove/disable apps without root.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
To a certain limit.

You need to wash it? What must you be doing for it to get so dirty.. 🤨
you're talking about dropping it in a bucket of water, any phone these days can handle that much better than a slide phone.

and yeah I like to be clean so sometimes I wash and clean my phone. phones are kinda dirty things if you think about it.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're talking about dropping it in a bucket of water, any phone these days can handle that much better than a slide phone.

and yeah I like to be clean so sometimes I wash and clean my phone. phones are kinda dirty things if you think about it.
I take real good care of the things I own so it's hardly, if it is I'll clean it with a wipe and a cloth, well, electrical content at least.

Actually washing just seems excessive unless it was really dirty, imo. It's a good thing phones are now resistant to water in case there's something that needs to be backed up.

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I upgraded my old iphone XS Max to an LG Wing, the phone is a bit on the gimmick side but i like that i can legitimately multitask on it.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Galaxy S20 Ultra. I bought it to use as an emulation powerhouse, but then the Steam Deck got announced. I don't plan on upgrading my phone for a very long time, but I might eventually switch back to iPhone. I'm just too used to iOS.

Although I would miss all the cool cracked apps...

Reactions: SylverReZ

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally switched from the A40 to the A52S and all's set up!

This has 6GB of RAM, but I doubt I'll use it for emulators as I've got my 3DS XL, Vita, and DS Lite all nearby. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up