OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Excellent comparison Qrayzie. A few things I think would be great additions:

1, A separate column for the SuperKey splash screen version

2, Pictures of the cards, either in the PDF or in the first post. If there are multiple colour choices of some cards, then it would be great to see them all, or at least a list of available colours

3, Links to reviews of the cards where available. If no proper review has been written, then you could link to little posts like your one about the Neo MK4-Mini http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=334...ndpost&p=439909

Thanks for the positive comments.
smile.gif

1. Done!

2. A good idea, I will ponder the best way to set that up.

3. Another good idea. I myself am writing reviews on all of them, so I'll probably link to my own first.
smile.gif
/shameless self promotion.

Does anyone have the Neo MK4-Key (a MK4-Mini without the eeprom)? I'm assuming that it also has no splash screen, but I'd like to make sure before committing to buying it. Anyone know?

Thanks all,
J

I didn't know they were releasing an EEPROM-free version. If it materializes, I'll try to get my hands on one.

In a move sure to further the decline of your bank balance Qrayzie the EZTeam have officially announced their own nopass, the EZPass3:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=1487

The usual blurb is given DS cart sized compatible with all devices..... no release dates mind.

*sigh*
smile.gif

I pre-ordered it.

QUOTE(pelago @ Jul 10 2006, 06:36 AM)
And now there's Ninjapass too, http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=34382 . Although until anyone has actually bought one they should probably not be added to the list as they might be vapourware.

*bigger sigh*

I pre-ordered both versions, the 512M & the Media Launcher.

Thanks everyone.
smile.gif

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Very quick updating, thanks a lot Qrayzie. You're spending a lot of money for us, buying all these devices to compare them!

Regarding the pics of the devices, I reckon you could squeeze one in as a row in your table. I see that only the PassMe 2 Z Mini has multiple colours, so instead of taking up lots of space for that one, you could just link to a review where the other colours are shown.

I've just had another idea, inspired by the thread Can someone post pictures of the SuperCard and Passcard3 splash screen? - could you show pics of the splash screens, and maybe a little note underneath that says how long it appears (e.g. 1 second, 2 seconds...)

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, it does look they might actually release something, and it seems that NeoFlash will be producing something very similar. I have no problem trying to get my hands on one and giving the good word, but I'm not sure that the NinjaDS/Neo MK-whatever-they're-calling-it really count as NoPass devices since they go back to sticking out of the NDS again.

I can see the interest in them, but how many people will really buy them considering that 0.8mm (the amount the EZ-Flash IV Lite sticks out of the GBA slot on the NDS Lite) is too much for some people.

I'll be watching.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Is that an SD slot on the top of the card? Could it be a Slot1 based flashcard?
(Um, srictly for homebrew purposes, of course
wink.gif
)

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what about NDS Dummy Cards? what do they do?
psxbox has them really cheap..

Basically if you got duped into buying a Max Media Launcher (which doesn't support sleep mode unless modded), after you boot up your flashcart with the MML you can take it out and replace it with a dummy card - which will allow sleep mode to work.

It's a completely useless product, since sticking ANY real NDS cart in the slot will also enable sleep mode.

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Update: My Ultra FlashPass order finally shipped today, according to the source, so hopefully I'll get it soon to be able to update the compatibility chart. My NinjaPass order has not shipped yet, but I don't expect it to until closer to the end of the month. My NinjaPass order also contains a Neo MK4 Key & EZ-Pass 3, so when I get that the chart will almost be complete.

If anyone is waiting on the results of these NoPasses, I apologize for the delay - I can't help when they get shipped out!
smile.gif

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
what about NDS Dummy Cards? what do they do?
psxbox has them really cheap..

Basically if you got duped into buying a Max Media Launcher (which doesn't support sleep mode unless modded), after you boot up your flashcart with the MML you can take it out and replace it with a dummy card - which will allow sleep mode to work.

It's a completely useless product, since sticking ANY real NDS cart in the slot will also enable sleep mode.
It's not completely useless, although I agree it is of limited use. It is useful to someone who has Flashme'd their DS, no longer have a passcard, and don't have any original DS game carts handy, as you can use the dummy card to get sleep mode. But if you're in this situation you're probably better off buying the cheapest second-hand DS game you can find which should be cheaper than the dummy card, as at least you could play the game too.

Shadow-Zero

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Netherlands
Which version of the older EZ kernel did you get working with the newer cards btw? 20060525, 20060530?

Great list, thumbs up!
bow.gif

What's the best way for me to ask retailers if they have the old Passcard/Superkey or the new version?
Does either of the old versions have advantage over the other concerning EZ4 compatibility?

Lily

One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SuperKey/PassCard 3 Old Version = No Splash Screen = Boots EZ4
SuperKey/PassCard 3 New Version = Splash Screen = Will not boot EZ4

smile.gif

Simply ask the retailer if the device is old/new, or whether or not it has a splash screen. All the reputable dealers seem to understand the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone