Hacking "What is a legit cia?" (and other noob CIA questions ANSWERED)

Saintwave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greetings! I've browsed the first few and the last few pages of this thread, and I haven't found my exact question, so I do hope it's fine to ask.

My system is currently N3DS XL, SysNand 9.2.0 and EmuNand ReiNand 9.2.0, and has FBI 1.4.17.
My questions are:
1.With my current system(EmuNand 9.2), would I be able to install/play eShop-converted CIAs?
2.If I updated my EmuNand to 10.7, would I be able to install/play eShop-converted CIAs?
3.If it's a Yes for 1 and No for 2, would it I keep my installed non-legit CIAs from 9.2 when I update it to 10.7?

Thanks for the answers. Cheers.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Greetings! I've browsed the first few and the last few pages of this thread, and I haven't found my exact question, so I do hope it's fine to ask.

My system is currently N3DS XL, SysNand 9.2.0 and EmuNand ReiNand 9.2.0, and has FBI 1.4.17.
My questions are:
1.With my current system(EmuNand 9.2), would I be able to install/play eShop-converted CIAs?
2.If I updated my EmuNand to 10.7, would I be able to install/play eShop-converted CIAs?
3.If it's a Yes for 1 and No for 2, would it I keep my installed non-legit CIAs from 9.2 when I update it to 10.7?

Thanks for the answers. Cheers.
If you update EmuNAND, not SysNAND, you'll be able to install CIA games still.

Reactions: Saintwave

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Dumb question. I'm running AuReiNAND + armloader hax on my o3DS XL. I ended up deleting my copy of it's 9.2 sysNAND firmware by accident. Would it be possible to return this to a working stock firmware? (I might want to resell it as stock or ship it back to Nintendo for repairs...)

Alchemist_Koen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I'm running 10.7.0 with arm9loaderhax + AuReiNand on SysNAND following this guide:https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

I'm trying to install legit CIA game files through my injected FBI 1.4.17, but I get the following error message when installing Fire Emblem Awakening:

Install failed
Could not install app.
Raw Error: 0xd8e0806a
Module: AM (0x20)
Level: Permanent (0x1b)
Summary: Invalid argument (0x7)
Description: Invalid signature (0x6a)

But when I install Mario Kart 7 with the same method I don't get an error and the game runs just fine.

Edit: Pokemon AS was also installed successfully.

With CFW running, is there a reason for me to prefer legit CIA files over converted CIA files? Maybe to play online and such?

Should I be using NASA 1.6 instead of FBI?

Last edited by Alchemist_Koen,

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@Alchemist_Koen if you plan to keep cfw, any cia legit or not is ok,
legit cia is good if you want to remove hacks and keep the game, it works without hacks.
nintendo does not ban us for pirating yet, don't worry, online is ok pirated or not.

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo could ban people for having ticket.dbs with homebrew, why haven't they?

Also, is there/will there ever be a way for people to hide stuff like devmenu or other homebrews from their ticket.dbs? I'm not overly concerned if they haven't really gone through with it yet, but it seems like a weird choice. Is there anything tying things to being on ticket.db (like, does it have to be there to appear on the home menu, or settings list, or just to install at all)?

Also, if the OTP is seemingly random data like I've heard how does anybody know what to do with it in order to set up A9LH (I watched smea's speech a while ago but quite a bit of it went over my head and I've forgotten plenty, too)?

Last edited by Hking0036,

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got now what a legit CIA is, but what´s a good CIA? (because CIAngel says it does good CIA´s but only FunkyCIA can make legit ones)

Matzeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Question:
If i downgrade my o3dsxl from 10.7 to 9.2 and use rxtools in order to install non-legit cias into my normal Sysnand, can i then remove rxtools and upgrade to 10.7 with all my installed games?

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does system transfer send the ticket.db?

What I mainly mean by that is that when you do a system transfer, does it just send the legit (system + bought apps) tickets or will it transfer the other stuff like a devmenu ticket?

I'm planning to do system transfer from a9lh o3ds -> a9lh n3ds.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Does system transfer send the ticket.db?

What I mainly mean by that is that when you do a system transfer, does it just send the legit (system + bought apps) tickets or will it transfer the other stuff like a devmenu ticket?

I'm planning to do system transfer from a9lh o3ds -> a9lh n3ds.
it contacts nintendo to see what you bought, and sends that i think.
it doesn't send system apps :)

Reactions: Hking0036

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it contacts nintendo to see what you bought, and sends that i think.
it doesn't send system apps :)
Ah okay, nice :)
I've heard people saying it doesn't transfer non legit cia, so I was gonna uninstall it all anyways, but I'd like to start fresh with my new 3ds as it were.

smogger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to just generate a bulk US ticket package? :D
At the moment i keep a whole list of what i have now and what is prefered to download. Kinda slow process to keep jumping between CIAngel and Eshop :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o