Hacking "What is a legit cia?" (and other noob CIA questions ANSWERED)

DingusPingus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried making a Legit CIA of Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon using FunkyCIA2, it worked and made the CIA fine, but when I tested it on my Sysnand it refused to load without exploits running. Is this because my Sysnand is ver. 9.2?, maybe my ticket.db is invalid because I used decrypt9 to get it?
A legit cia is a cia that was prebundled with a console and preinstalled, SMD is no a legit cia

x_master_1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we export save file, edit, and import to a Legit CIA?
I heard somebody said no because the signature will be invalid :(
P/s: I want to edit my progress of Legit CIA Pokémon game with PKHex.

Amphium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to install a CIA file, would i need to keep the CIA file on my sd card after its already installed or would I be able to delete it?

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies if this has already been answered; I haven't looked at or messed with anything 3DS related in quite some time:

but I'm using Gateway on an old3dsXL with emuNAND 9.5.0 and sysNAND 9.0, using the browser exploit to launch into the cart.

Each time I switch to emuNAND mode, my .CIA stuff reappears as if I've just installed them, with the save files still intact, and it moves them all to the right side of the screen.

The last time I messed with any of this, the New3DS wasn't announced yet and the browser exploit with a Gateway was the way to go for playing 3DS backups. Title signatures (I don't believe) wasn't really an issue and legit CIAs wasn't something I had really heard of. emuNAND was fairly new to the scene via Gateway just before I stopped doing anything 3DS related. I was hoping one of you kind souls could let me know if I should stick to my current method and possibly give me a brief synopsis as to what has changed? I've looked at a couple N00b guides, but I can't quite tell what exactly I should start doing as opposed to what I had to do when 9.0 was the most up-to-date firmware.

*EDIT - I wound up finding the answers to my questions. The gift wrap glitch is common and easily fixed, and I learned I just needed to install menuhax to be more up to date
:)

Last edited by appleburger,

Mic1604

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If I did a System Transfer, would the legit cias that I installed and the ones that I am able to redownload transfer correctly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL