Hacking What Homebrews do you desire to see?

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Accio Hacks for Wii-U!!!

WiiMC-U!!!

Old consoles like the 5200 or ColecoVision that featured overlays could be emulated completely!!!

Plus probably 20 more things that I will think of right after I hit "Post Reply"

Edit: Maybe some homebrew that makes use of the camera, I would like to see an app that is like the PS3's eyetoy app where they have all kinds of cool special effects.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get off your high horse. Gamecube ISOs are in the same category as a Wii/U ISO.
Not really. Wii U games are still new and haven't had the chance to make any money. While Gamecube/Wii "backups" certainly aren't legal, just like with Wii U, they have a much lesser financial effect at this point in time. I don't want a Wii U backup loader until a few years down the line.

Reactions: T Link7

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Not really. Wii U games are still new and haven't had the chance to make any money. While Gamecube/Wii "backups" certainly aren't legal, just like with Wii U, they have a much lesser financial effect at this point in time. I don't want a Wii U backup loader until a few years down the line.

This is a wii your wanting .

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
short of a few improvements for emulators found on the Wii and tackling extra challenges (lets say dreamcast emu), maybe finding a way to use GamePad to be able to function as a Classic Controller in Wii games and a back up loader (which I hope would improve load times on a few select Wii U titles) there isn't much more I could hope for

Reactions: mightymuffy

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meaning if you want a backup loader to play wii and GC "backups" but not wiiU "backups" then a wii is what you need..
I don't want the Wii U backup loader to exist as it could have a negative impact on the console. I would still like to play legit Wii U games.

genxor

Trophies
XP
Country
Does the WiiU even have hardware h264 decoding? I guess if Latte is based off a Radeon HD then maybe. Even if it did I don't think we'll ever see XBMC on it. :(

Something like the existing TV remote but with learning capabilities would be cool. Doesn't seem to support any of the TVs we have in the house because Australia. Remote desktop/VNC client would also be handy, decent web browser, audio player..

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Supposedly the GPU has a built in blueray decoder (based on the description of the leaked GPU model before launch at least.) so even if the main drive can't read retail video disks there's always an external USB reader and the ability to run HD videos in a media player would be nice as well.

Some enhancements in the way we deal with Wii mode would be nice like the ability to directly launch Wii titles (be it disk games or channels) from Wii U mode. It would also be cool to have a Wii virtual machine of sorts running from Wii U mode. That could allow you to run two titles at once, one on the gamepad and another on the TV screen. It might also facilitate full HD rendering or 3DTV use for Wii/GC games instead of just upscaling and use of the game pad controls, motion sensors and touchscreen as a simulated classic controller, wiimote and pointer ... as well as replacement for USB cameras, instruments and microphones used by some games.

Also, according to the F0f's CCC talk, some step in the boot0->boot1->boot2 process can take a signed recovery image (kinda like a legit version of bootmii) which would be nice if some recovery image could be found to take advantage of that. The signed requirement might pose a problem with that part but I suppose you might be able to get an existing image elsewhere.

(Of course, all of this Nintendo could probably add themselves but I doubt it since there's a lot of work that would go into those enhancements ... except, maybe, the direct Wii title launching one. One thing that they might be a little more likely to do themselves is DS compatibility either by way of DS virtual console or by something similar to the GameBoy Player in which case it would probably be for 3DS games as well.)

RiivolUtion would be nice.

People making their own good old fashioned homebrew GAMES would be nice, too (probably the main reason why Ninty isn't likely to open up any other OS style sandbox either.)

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of streaming to the gamepad, I'd like to see the reverse: have a PC emulate the WiiU gamepad so that it can control the WiiU. This would allow disabled gamers like my brother to play the WiiU, who otherwise cannot physically grasp the gigantic WiiU gamepad. delroth has already shown that it is possible, which I am quite happy for :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated