Hacking What do I need to know before buying the r4i gold 3DS?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Throw in a couple of more dollars and save yourself some trouble by buying an Acekard 2i.

It's better then the R4i Gold since it's updated faster.
If you really want a cheap card then the R4i Gold is a good choice indeed.

Yes.
You need to update the bootloader in a DSLite in order for it to work on a updated 3DS.
You could ask the retailer if they want to update it for you.

elunesgrace

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm up over in Canada, and had finally decided to choose this card (r4i gold 3DS).

I started reading some of the things people were saying here though, and they're talking about having to flash it, and bricking your card, and needing a ds-lite =S.

Does this mean I can't just buy the thing and have it work as is?

Also, what's the best place to buy this thing for someone in Canada?

thanks a lot!

D

Deleted-236924

Kernel updates probably are more important than firmware updates.
I'd rather be able to play a game that just came out than be able to use the card on the latest firmware.

With Wood: Yay, can play the game now. I just have to not update my 3DS for a while.
With AKAIO: Yay, can use the card on my updated 3DS. But I cannot play that one game...

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It may be updated more often but I usually see AK being one of the first cards to work on a sysupdated console.
The ak's bootloader update was postponed for quite a while because they were waiting for the "November" update by nintendo... November lol
Anyways, the long wait was quite agitating for some people (I was fine, since I didn't even have a 3ds)

That aside, both carts are good candidates for high compatibility to games and quick bootloader updates. Neither of them would disappoint you, unless you get an acekard 2i with contact issues or crappy springs. Just have patience.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm used to wait long periods of time before I can reflash my 360 / update my RGH.

So a fast AK2i update is sometimes welcomed ;p
Yay for SCDSTwo being better

levy01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The r4i gold gold is now compatible with 3ds (3.0.0-6 and lower version) and dsi (1.4.3 and lower version), and it is a good card with wood kernel. http://www.oz3ds.com/product.php?id_product=28 declared that all the cards has been pre-flashed, if you worry about the pre-flashed issue, you can simply purchase a ready-to-use card...

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lightake is good. Their postage time is average. Customer support is quite slow though.

etcome.com is another good company. So is dealextreme.com

zhuzhuchina is another one but thwy don't sell the 3DS version I believe.

Reactions: 1 person

elunesgrace

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lightake is good. Their postage time is average. Customer support is quite slow though.

etcome.com is another good company. So is dealextreme.com

zhuzhuchina is another one but thwy don't sell the 3DS version I believe.

I'm going to try these others out as well while i wait for lightake

http://gbatemp.net/t...dsi3ds-updates/

So you'll want to get one from a shop that updates theirs before sending them out.

Yeesh, so that means I can't update my 3ds until after i update my flash cart is that right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.