What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Been out of the loop a lot lately and not posting here because I've been busy with two jobs, and got sick with the same virus this week, twice (!!!).

Anyway, the highlights of what I've done lately are playing the first 4 or 5 hours of Tomb Raider (right up to the point where I got the fire arrows). Really, really amazing game so far, and I didn't even care for any of the previous games.

And just tonight, I picked up the original Luigi's Mansion and beat the first area with my girlfriend. After we finish this game, we're going to grab the 2nd game on 3DS.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
never heard about any DLC for this game....
pun intended?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230050/

Or to be exact in the key features
  • Two full length campaigns: the original award-winning "DLC Quest", and the brand new "Live Freemium or Die"
  • Platforming action! Coins to collect, a princess to save, a bad guy (or two) to defeat. You like that stuff, right?
  • Over 30 different DLC packs, each providing quiet introspection on the state of the gaming industry
  • Over 20 achievements to earn and make you feel reasonably satisfied with yourself
  • Online leaderboards

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Grabbed the XBLA version of Sonic CD as soon as I learned of its existence and played through the first two zones, and one of the special stages. A decade later, and its still the best Sonic game of all time (made even better by this damn fine port by Mr. Whitehead).

Also got past the part in Tomb Raider
where the madmen try to use that one sailor dude whose name I forget as leverage for Lara's surrender, who then proceeds to die resisting

I'm still really enjoying the game, but to be honest I've been put off by the past couple of major "skirmishes" with the islanders... the last two have basically felt like typical cover-based-shooter firefights (all shades of brown scenery included). Sure, they still had their own twist, but I've been enjoying the game for the platforming and creative combat, not for being a typical shooter. I just hope this doesn't become the "trend" for the rest of the main game.

Reactions: Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Grabbed the XBLA version of Sonic CD as soon as I learned of its existence and played through the first two zones, and one of the special stages. A decade later, and its still the best Sonic game of all time (made even better by this damn fine port by Mr. Whitehead). -snip-
Speaking of Sonic, played through sonic 2 today beating it on my first play-through, though didn't manage to get all the chaos emeralds. they seemed harder than I remember.lol

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of Sonic, played through sonic 2 today beating it on my first play-through, though didn't manage to get all the chaos emeralds. they seemed harder than I remember.lol
A few weeks back, a guy came into the retro game shop where I work and proceeded to play through Sonic 2 all the way to the end, before game over-ing on the Mecha Sonic bossfight in the last zone. It was simultaneously impressive and disappointing. :P

Following up on my last post, I redownloaded the Android version of Sonic CD, which I totally forgot I purchased last year. It ran slow as hell on my old phone, but runs slick as lightning on my tablet. Touch controls aren't that bad either.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Just cleared Sonic 3/Knuckles getting all the Super emeralds with sonic and tails. spent the biggest part of of today doing this. Thinking about starting sonic 1, as its still one of the sonic games i've never completed.
Sonic 1 was good and Sonic 2 was great, but Sonic 3 & Knuckles was amazing. And of course Sonic CD is where it's at. XD

Reactions: Thomas83Lin

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've actually been sorta lazy with gaming:

Me and a buddy are going through Resident Evil 5 on PS3 on co-op and have 2 more levels to go.
Just got the Mornstar powered up in Ni No Kuni.
I did quite a few hunts in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate today. And while that may not seem like much, it's like 300% more than what I've been able to do in a monster hunter game before. I went online and met up with people, and it was fun. I fainted like twice, but that's okay, as long as I get the materials so I can get new weapons and armor.

I've sorta been playing God of War 3 after doing a big marathon of the games (God of War Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta, God of War 1, God of War 2), but I think I'm gonna take a break from it because I want to play Monster Hunter and Ni No Kuni. I'm almost done NNK anyways, so after I beat it I might go back to GoW3. Also I've been playing some Black Ops 1. Not much of an achievement but it's so much better than Blops 2. Takes a while for me to get used to the maps but I'm doing good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?