What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Beat DKC2 on the Snes with a playtime of 2:41 today (time seems off I feel it took longer but whatever)., haven't collected all the Dk coins or anything like that. I've actually completed these before so not really sure if I feel like it again.
Gj, I've played it on my PSP 2 years back or so, amazing game but so so hard for me. I'm not good at platformers, I'd love to love them, but I'm just too bad at them and give up too easily....

I beat Trine 2 today, with a friend on skype. 9 hours of fun and puzzle solving action. Definitely worth it, looks AMAZING too.

Reactions: Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Gj, I've played it on my PSP 2 years back or so, amazing game but so so hard for me. I'm not good at platformers, I'd love to love them, but I'm just too bad at them and give up too easily....
Thanks, I grew up playing these games. So I try to replay them every once in awhile. If you play something long enough you'll get better at it.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Spent most of the day doing this, But I completely 105% beat DKC3 on TUFST\Hardest mode (No DK or mid save barrels) with a Playtime of 2:32 (In reality it took longer I didn't save after a level unless I was satisfied with my time. I did this to keep the time down.

If your wondering I prefer to play my older consoles on a crt tv, this one has component input which I'm using with a component modded Snes. pictures don't do it justice, the colors are amazing.
phpg.jpg

wep8.jpg

Apparently I played through this along time ago and didn't enter the tufst code like I was apost to. I entered it as my name.lol looks like this is my 3rd time fully completing the game atleast to 103%

Reactions: Satangel

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Spent most of the day doing this, But I completely 105% beat DKC3 on TUFST\Hardest mode (No DK or mid save barrels) with a Playtime of 2:32 (In reality it took longer I didn't save after a level unless I was satisfied with my time. I did this to keep the time down.

If your wondering I prefer to play my older consoles on a crt tv, this one has component input which I'm using with a component modded Snes. pictures don't do it justice, the colors are amazing.
phpg.jpg

wep8.jpg

Apparently I played through this along time ago and didn't enter the tufst code like I was apost to. I entered it as my name.lol looks like this is my 3rd time fully completing the game atleast to 103%
105%? How do you do that?:unsure:

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Beat dark world dungeon 6 on Zelda ALttP, that dungeon was atrocious, rooms full of enemies and that faces that shoot fire or eyes that fires lasers that you barely have time to resolve puzzles without being hit, you must bring at least 2 fairy just in case, one for the dungeon and the other for the boss and then if you like also have a red potion or many green potions to use the magic cape to escape the hazards. anyway somehow I finished that dungeon and got ready for the next.
the Sunday I went to an event and played some Smash Melee!!!!(note: Melee is barely played on events here), got my ass kicked a couple of times but still got some shines and opportunities and won like 2 times, one with Pikachu and one with Mario(yeah!! Mario kick ass on Melee and 64 but with that useless fludd I can't use it properly on Brawl).
also played Skullgirls at the event, first time I see the game on a event, won 2 matches and then got my ass brutally kicked, they have it on a not very powerful notebook(noticed low framerate on the most demanding scenarios like the room of Marie, and with my notebook even when use integrated graphics the game runs well. note: I have an A8 apu and the integrated card is a Radeon 7640g, the discrete graphic card is a 7670m) with PS2 controllers through an USB adapter, the DPad of the controllers weren't that good as my Dualshock 3's(motioninjoy FTW!!) so I got some problems because of that, but overall playable. aside of that my opponent used Peacock and if you play Skullgirls you know that she spam bullets like crazy that you can barely get close to attack.
thay had ambiental music, obviously all teh music what from videogames and I got surprised when I heard a familiar song:

was a good day.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Level 90, finally! :D That's the last milestone before 100... which will probably not happen any time soon. Got my pp above 4000 as well.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I couldn't make progress on Zelda ALttP yesterday, I had to travel to another town and my PSPgo wasn't very charged so I only played a little on the trip. got to the turtle rock dungeon(dark world dungeon 7) and make little progress, I need and extra key that I don't know where can be, and those bow-wow looks like I need to do something to them but IDK, if I have trouble figuring out this one I'll look a guide, I don't want to take long to finish the game, I WANT TO PLAY A LINK BETWEEN WORLDS ALREADY!!!
I had also my Vita with me, so played Project Diva f a lot during the trip, started developing a technique to get good and with practice got many excellents and greats on hard, but I need to improve my technique more and get nervous and fuck up at least once, so no perfects for me at the moment.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1161793 YES I FINALLY CLEARED IT YES
This was actually one of the very first maps I downloaded when I started playing back in January... and I only now finished it for the first time. Took me more or less an entire year, lol.

Dem Rate Peaks....
anyway, i reached Clearvale on Dragon Quest VI :Realms Of Reverie, i´ve been struggling to walk through the forests because of the Freaking Ewwnicorns, they knock my entire party and cast Mamudoon Bamm Whack,which has 30% of chances for a insta-kill FOR.THE.ENTIRE.PARTY.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Got extremely luck in wonder trade today.
Got about 20 pokémon I didn't have yet and 2 shinies (eevee and dratini :P).
Now a big dillema what I will evolve my shiny eevee in...

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
those bow-wow looks like I need to do something to them
If you want to save yourself the trouble of using a guide, read the spoiler...
If I remember the puzzle you're talking about correctly, there's a block or two in the lower corners of the room with the bow-wows that you have to push. I remember this one because it took me a while to figure that one out, too.

Reactions: Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
If you want to save yourself the trouble of using a guide, read the spoiler...
If I remember the puzzle you're talking about correctly, there's a block or two in the lower corners of the room with the bow-wows that you have to push. I remember this one because it took me a while to figure that one out, too.

with that puzzle solved I was able to continue through the dungeon and found the mirror shield(too bad doesn't actually reflect attacks, but blocks everything) and the big key, after turns and tips found the boss room and after use all of my weapons noticed that with the firerod I was able to damage the blue head but nothing to the red head, at the end I got REKT. something that has been bothering me since a couple dungeons is that I had a hole on my inventory and never thought about what object could be until now, I MISSED THE ICEROD ;O;!!!! thankfully I knew exactly where to go(from my previous missed tries of playing the game) and got the icerod in no time. good thing the little trips from the balconies of the dungeon count as entrances, so you can continue pretty close to the boss and even go out to the light world and replenish empty bottles, and so I did, filled two bottles with blue potion and other two with green potion and after 2 more tries(got killed by forgetting to drink potions, got used to rely on fairies) defeated the boss .
after that I went straight to Ganon's tower, defeated the 1st boss and got the big key.
I'll finish this today(hopefully).

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yesterday, I managed to hit 5000pp in osu!... without moving my rank. I'm probably going to be stuck at #3.1k for a while longer.

Anyways, today I spent an hour (or two) relearning how to play Kirby in SSB:Project M. His new moves are great :D

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1161793 YES I FINALLY CLEARED IT YES
This was actually one of the very first maps I downloaded when I started playing back in January... and I only now finished it for the first time. Took me more or less an entire year, lol.
Ooh, nice. What game mode?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yesterday, I managed to hit 5000pp in osu!... without moving my rank. I'm probably going to be stuck at #3.1k for a while longer.

Anyways, today I spent an hour (or two) relearning how to play Kirby in SSB:Project M. His new moves are great :D

Ooh, nice. What game mode?
Standard :P

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I BEAT ZELDA A LINK TO THE PAST FOR THE FIRST TIME!!1!!1!1!1!!1!1:grog:
on Ganon's tower I had to fight some bosses.
Needed to fight Lanmolas, Moldorm and Agahnim.
Lanmolas was the most difficult of the three, but with good timed circular attacks everything went well.
Moldorm was a joke this time(thankfully), I just used the magic cape and went straight after his tail, two strokes with the golden sword and REKT.
Agahnim was a lot easier than before, even though he spawns copies of himself that only helped me to hit it more than once for turn(RPG much?)
after that it surprised me that Ganon himself didn't show up immediately, he is nice and gives you time to replenish, and that is really needed because it would be impossible to beat without arrows and magic.
after being completely prepared with some potions and fairies I noticed something on Link......... HE STILL HAS THE BLUE TUNIC, WHY ISN'T RED!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah, I somehow missed the red tunic, but whatever. I went to fight Ganon anyways, I wanted his head on the tip of my golden sword and wanted it now.
I prepared 2 magic potions and 2 fairies for the fight.
the first phase was really easy, just walk avoiding the flying trident and hit it with the sword(sword beam don't work), after some hits he start throwing fire and hitting the ground making part of the floor to fall apart, to avoid the fire I used the magic cape when close to him(gotta save magic) and after some more ground pounds all the flood on the outer part of the room fall, then Ganon turn off the light and you can't see him unless you light the 2 torches at the bottom of the arena, after that if you hit Ganon he remain paralyzed for a few seconds, it took me a while to realize that I needed to hit it with my silver arrows, you need to be quick because if the torches turns off Ganon will be invisible again, after some silver arrows to the face he's defeated and you can go and reclaim the Triforce to banish the evil.
needed several tries to defeat him, like 6-8, all of them because I fell from the arena even when I was doing very well Ganon throw me fire at an angle that pushed me to the border of the room.
yesterday I went to the store so I already have A Link Between Worlds, but IDK if play it immediately or clean my backlog a little. it would be a good idea to start right away to keep the momentum, but I also want to dedicate more time to my other games, choices choices.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY