What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
reached aridea or aridia... i dunno. on Dragon Quest VI, the boss battle after the town took me 3 hours of heavy grinding just to learn kabuff ans sizzle....

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
My girlfriend and I beat Halo Anniversary for the first time on Sunday. Overall it was a really fun experience (I hadn't replayed Halo 1 in years). But good grief, I don't remember that "destroy the fusion reactors" mission being so broken. I swear, it didn't matter how perfectly timed or aimed my shots were, both grenades and rockets kept bouncing off the vents. It was a total crap shot as to whether they actually went in.

That part of the level alone took us well over an hour, and I don't remember ever wanting to break a controller so badly. I've always prided myself on keeping my cool and not throwing things when I play games, but I definitely threw my controller across the room twice during this particular incident.

Anyway, I think we're going to take a little break from shooters. We replaced Halo with Lollipop Chainsaw on our queue of games, and we're having a blast so far (even though we lost all our save data on the first level because we didn't understand how the save system worked). After that, we'll probably play either Halo 2 or Gears of War.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
defeated the second dark world dungeon on Zelda A Link to the Past on my lunch break. wasn't hard but still managed to "kill" me once, thanks fairies for reviving me.
also couldn't resist the temptation and bought a $50 eshop card and acquired Senran Kagura Burst, and with the remaining dollars bought Cave Story and Attack of the Friday Monsters.
anyone knows the date of Shantae Pirate's curse?? I only see a trailer on the eshop and doesn't have a clear date. I want it NAO!!1!!!!11!!!1!!1!!!1!

Reactions: TripleSMoon

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
]
5BjZ9.png
My first time getting this close to #1 on a song :D I could probably take #1 if I dedicated an hour or two of constant retrying to boost my accuracy.
only got it because this song's unpopular *hides*

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I beat the Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds today, completely blind with 100% completion (excluding Streetpass achievements) and no deaths (excluding Streetpass battles).

This is the first time I've ever beaten a Zelda game completely blind (no cheats, guides, or story spoilers). I didn't use the hint glasses either. This is an incredible accomplishment for me, because Zelda has my favorite game series of all time, but this is the first time I truly played it the way it was meant to be played: A huge open world to explore and see with your own eyes first, and only your wits to help you get through. Granted, this is far from the hardest Zelda game (I only had two or three close calls with death), but it still makes me proud and gives me that much more confident in myself as a gamer. From now on, this is how I play every future Zelda game that comes out.

Anyway, Hero mode is on my list next (though I don't have much hope of that being a zero-death run, I'll certainly try), but I might postpone it a bit. My New Year's Resolution of beating every canon Zelda game that I haven't yet is still in effect, and I have less than a month to beat Zelda II (GROAN) and Four Swords Adventures.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Watched a youtube vid to learn about stat influence in the Sonic Adventure 2 chao garden (until now I was just winging it). Still not sure why my phoenix chao went hero type when he'd been raised equally by hero and dark characters, but whatever, h looks ok as a hero type. Gunning to recreate the chao I had on the Gamecube version back in the day.

And since it's gone midnight, today is payday, so I might just treat myself to the Battle DLC to get back Chao Karate.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
]
5BjZ9.png
My first time getting this close to #1 on a song :D I could probably take #1 if I dedicated an hour or two of constant retrying to boost my accuracy.
only got it because this song's unpopular *hides*
Damn, good job. The best I've had on a song at difficulty Hard or above is 76 place. :mellow:
Today I fired up the League since around the begginning of October and I was immediately reminded that I asked a friend to buy me a Mystery Gift... After I opened it, I screamed out of joy (for those not playing LoL, Pulsefire Ezreal is one of the most expensive available skins out there). Then I won 2 games on Classic and 1 on ARAM. Today was a good day.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
forgot of updating yesterday, but beat dark world dungeon 3, 4 and 5 on Zelda A Link to the Past.
dungeon 3 has really easy and breezed through it, was like if I know what to do, got the firerod and got to punch the boss on the face. the boss of that dungeon was the only problem, too many hazards.
after that I ran directly to dungeon 4 and with a little of difficulty got the boss to show up. the dungeon layout wasn't that complicated but still puzzling and after many turns realized that I forgot to throw a bomb on a floor to finally make the boss appear. the boss itself wasn't complicated, a fairy, some strokes with the sword and REKT.
then after beating 2 dungeons on a row went to find some items and got the magic cape, the tempered sword, the cane of bryna, the 4rt bottle and some pieces of heart.
being completely equipped went to the 5th dungeon and forgot to bring fairies, after doing like half the dungeon got killed, so went out to catch some fairies a red potion and a green potion. wasted most of the time learning the layout of this dungeon, is big and with many trick rooms, but with trial and error got to the boss and needed the help of a fairy, the red potion and the green potion to took him down.
and today my boss asked me a favor and went to the bank, and as I where there I passed to the "Eurocentro" and purchased Dragon's Crown for Vita. wanted Tearaway but no one have it yet.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Flood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beat the Golem in infamous. Also collected half of the blast shards. Almost half way done with the game.

Evolved my Mankey into a Primeape and beat the 5th gym leader in Pokemon Ruby destiny.

Bought PlayStation All Stars and beat the Radec Story. Trying to level him up all the way before I decide to play the other characters stories.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Found the chain saw in Final Fantasy 6, evolved my new chao into a dark/run type (the Shadow chao), got a few more emblems and A ranks, got the trophy for having all 5 A ranks on a level (Robotnik's first level, was spamming for chaos drives and it just kinda happened) and if we're counting tabletop games then I finished painting my Necromancer model for my Vampire Counts.

Was debating whether or not to trade in GTA 5 since I've finished it, but the only games that catch my eye right now are the big collection sets like Assassin's Creed Heritage or Batman Arkham Collection, but since they all require me to just download the older games instead of being on disc they'd murder my hard drive so I'm giving them a miss for now.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No actual milestones, but I seem to have gotten much better at osu standard for some reason. I can now clear or actually stand a chance at some maps I instantly died on before. I don't really know why because all I've been doing lately is play mania.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY