What are the best 7th gen console-only games?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Chary, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Games like Catherine, Nier, Red Dead Redemption, Demon Souls, or Resonance of Fate, that never got a PC port, or an 8th gen remaster. What are your favorites?

Tom Bombadildo likes this.
  2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Ummm that is hard. Uncharted is one of them for PS3 exclusive, Smash bros is another exclusive. IF ds counts, there is this one called Super robot taisen wars OG saga endless frontier since i can't say chrono trigger or Final fantasy iv ds since they do have Ports from other past consoles. I like Metal gear solid peace walker from psp. I didn't have xbox 360 so i can't say for it. But one for each system should be okay right?

Chary likes this.
  3. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Rural Queensland
    Deus ex mankind divided would have to be a contender.

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Demon's Souls forever :(

Halo 3 and 4, too, while not the "best" they're definitely those games that should've been given the PC treatment. Same with the anniversary edition of Combat Evolved, and the MC collection would've been nice to see too even if it's not seventh gen >.>

Maybe MGS 4, The Last of Us, Gears of War 2+, stuff like that I guess would be pretty cool. It's hard to make a list really, you might as well just say "all of them" and be done with it ;O;

Chary likes this.
  5. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
    Advance Wars: Dual Strike
    Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
    Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
    Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

yes im sure this is not what you are looking for but the DS was a gold mine.

Last edited by Flame, Aug 25, 2016
    Chary likes this.
  6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yes it was a gold mine, cause that was when video games where the games we wanted, from sonic rush, to megaman zx or star force, to contra 4 to final fantasy, dragon quest, chrono trigger, to super mario, who know what the heck games were gonna be there. Even bleach was on there, and it was a fighting game by sega, it was great too, 4 player fighting game? Reminded me of guilty gear isuka. But they were what we all wanted and then some. :D

Flame likes this.