Hacking Weird BootMii Issue

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have this extremely weird issue. I have tried installing Bootmii on my friend's Wii Multiple time and each time I get the same result. The HackMii installer allows for his Wii to have BootMii installed to Boot2 and the IOS. I have tried both but with each one I always get a black screen. I can press "reset" on the console or the (A) button to exit to the Wii Menu from the black screen but it's very odd. Is there anything that might fix this issue?

jazvdb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i actually had the same problem

what i did:
1. deleted the bootmii folders on my sd card...
2. uninstall bootmii via hackmii/bannerbomb
3. reinstall bootmii via hackmii/bannerbomb

and voila

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run the BootMii Configuration Editor app to make sure that BootMii isn't set to a PAL resolution or trying to display 480p on an SDTV

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it installing and then just not loading properly when you turn the wii on with the sd card inserted?

My friends wii did this after he installed bootmii.It installed just fine but everytime he turned the wii on with the sd card in the wii that had the bootmii folder it would load a black screen and do nothing and he would have to power down and restart.He copied all the bootmii files from the sd card to a different sd card and bootmii loaded properly after that.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 16GB SDHC card will not load bootmii either (black screen) because it is simply not compatible yet. Even if the card is just in the system on initial boot (with NO bootmii folder on it!) I get a black screen for a few seconds before the Wii menu comes up.

Probably just another case of an incompatible card. Bootmii's SD card compatibility is not too great from my experiences (works on two out of 20 cards I have here), so I would suggest to try to use something like a good old vanilla Sandisk 2GB SD card.

claud10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I experienced some weird problem. Installed the HAXX->JODI file through preloader 0.29 and then bootmi (IOS) was not booting up anymore. Neither HBC 1.0.5 through preloader. I can still boot the System Menu and from that the HBC. I deleted the .dol installed by preloader with NandClean but BootMii was still not booting. I then reinstalled BootMii as IOS and everything is working as expected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.