Hacking WBFS Manager and Channel Creator 3.0!

Buffer123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
HowardC said:
Emil007 said:
Buffer123 said:
Hello,

Do these channels work with an SDHC card too?

Thanks
no, they don't... (yet)

No... they DO work in the sdhc menu on system menu 4.0 if that's what you mean.

Hi,

I actually mean, if i installed the game on an sdhc card. I only play a few games so a 16gb SDHC would be enough for me.
I would create two partitions on the SDHC card one with ~14 gb with WBFS and the rest normal fat32 for savegames and so on.
So if i install a game with the 1,4 loader and would create a channel with your GUI. Would i be able to just install the channel wad and it would work with the game on the SDHC? Or does it have to be on an USB Device (the game)?

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AllWiidUp said:
jservs7 said:
So if we just change wbfs.exe file in the programs folder with this one:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vvtmcmlyh32

We can still use WBFS Manager and also "possibly" fix the delete/add game issue?
unsure.gif

short answer "Yes"

longer answer "Maybe" : )

If it's using the same version of the exe, since there is a cygwin version and a proper win32 version and the commands are slightly different.

It won't work because the output text from the command prompt is different YET AGAIN. Dman these hackers! Don't they understand that consistant output is KEY for guis and other managers to work!!!

Ill see what I can do about perhaps making a template system for wbfs when I have time. That way I don't have to re-write the damn thing every time somebody mods wbfs.

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red_Squirrel said:
Yeah, sorry, i had no experience with DLLs at that point of the thread
shy.gif
Now (in last days) i got a little documentation about them and infact I manage to load wiiscrubber.dll with a .NET application (using Vb.net) but... i can't find any documentation about the functions "contained" in that DLL...
unsure.gif
where did you get the full list of the functions that we can "recall" from the DLL? I tried to view the exports of the DLL with PE Explorer but I got only the "name" of the functions and not the parametres they use
wacko.gif
I tried to call from it the function "extractFiles(...)" and infact program recall it without errors, but the result is "nothing" happens... no file extracted
unsure.gif
Maybe I have to "load" the entire ISO before, but without the list of the functions that i can use i'm in big difficulty
ph34r.gif

I searched for them with google but seems there is no website where they are explaned.

Thank you for your attention
wink.gif

Nanook can help you with that.
smile.gif

lanik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HowardC said:
lanik said:
First of all I want to give my congratulation to HowardC for his incredible application... Great job!!

I'd like to report the errors I've found to help to improve the program...

I've created several WADs from ISO and most of them work OK, but I've got the following error message:
Run-time error '52':
Bad file name or number

for those games:
RSJP41
RBKP69

(Browken Sword PAL and BoomBlox PAL)
I think the problem is with some character in the name of the game.

And I've got a 0 Byte WAD (also creating it from ISO) for Geometry Wars Galaxies PAL (RGLP7D)

I hope this information can help to improve the application
wink.gif

Regards.

As you suspected Bad file name errors are caused by wierd game partition names. You need to post the names that appear in the manager, not the disc ids.
wink.gif

I will probably make a function that just strips out illegal characters and be done with it, but I am dependant upon wbfs's naming convention (wbfs names the isos and I have to then find them) so I'm reluctant to do this.

A zero byte wad is farily impossible seeing as how even an empty template would be several bytes. Are you sure you don't mean a zero byte opening.bnr?

Thanks for your answer.

I've checked the names of the games and are the followings:
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut
Spielberg | EA BoomBlox
So I suposse the problem is with one or several of the following characters:
:
-
'
|

Regarding the 0 bytes WAD issue, it seems that I'm not the only one who faced that problem (PrincessPeach reported the same problem for the same game and others on page 5 post 62: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...;#entry1900849).

Regards.

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buffer123 said:
HowardC said:
Emil007 said:
Buffer123 said:
Hello,

Thanks
no, they don't... (yet)

Hi,

I actually mean, if i installed the game on an sdhc card. I only play a few games so a 16gb SDHC would be enough for me.
I would create two partitions on the SDHC card one with ~14 gb with WBFS and the rest normal fat32 for savegames and so on.
So if i install a game with the 1,4 loader and would create a channel with your GUI. Would i be able to just install the channel wad and it would work with the game on the SDHC? Or does it have to be on an USB Device (the game)?

Well I'm not exactly sure. A usb device is a usb device, so if you mean plug a sd card into a usb adaptor and run it that way then yes, it should work. Otherwise I don't know.

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lanik said:
Thanks for your answer.

I've checked the names of the games and are the followings:
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut
Spielberg | EA BoomBlox
So I suposse the problem is with one or several of the following characters:
:
-
'
|

Regarding the 0 bytes WAD issue, it seems that I'm not the only one who faced that problem (PrincessPeach reported the same problem for the same game and others on page 5 post 62: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...;#entry1900849).

Regards.

Well as always, if I can't replicate the error then I can't fix it and I've never had this happen to me. The only thing that comes to mind is the disc has many partitions and it can't find opening.bnr and bails. I only check the first two or three partitions for opening.bnr. The best way you can see this problem resolved is to open the iso with wiiscrubber and look for opening.bnr and let me know what partition it's on or if anything in there looks wierd.

What interests me is HOTD OK as PrincessPeach reported it to fail while I've personally created a channel for the ntsc version.

lanik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HowardC said:
Well as always, if I can't replicate the error then I can't fix it and I've never had this happen to me. The only thing that comes to mind is the disc has many partitions and it can't find opening.bnr and bails. I only check the first two or three partitions for opening.bnr. The best way you can see this problem resolved is to open the iso with wiiscrubber and look for opening.bnr and let me know what partition it's on or if anything in there looks wierd.

What interests me is HOTD OK as PrincessPeach reported it to fail while I've personally created a channel for the ntsc version.

Geometry Wars Galaxies has the opening.bnr file in the ROOT directory in the second partition. There is a lot of files in that folder, so I guess maybe this could be the problem.

This is the screen capture:
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/853/trucha.jpg

Do you have any clue about Broken Sword and BoomBlox? Do you think the problem is in one of these characters ( : - ' |) ?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
HowardC can the Channel Creator make channels with 002fix and Ocarina support ??? and if not could it be added in a future release ?? thanks in advance

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I have "Wii Play" (PAL version) on a wii NTSC system. I already made the wad file and installed it on the wii. Now, here comes the problem: when load the game, I got a flickering screen and it doesn't stop until turn off wii.

Is there a way to fix that
unsure.gif
?

Here's the resulting wad: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yzwwnilnymz

Game ID: RHAP01
ID from WAD: UHAP

See ya.

Emil007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
HowardC said:
Buffer123 said:
HowardC said:
Emil007 said:
Buffer123 said:
Hello,

Thanks
no, they don't... (yet)

Hi,

Well I'm not exactly sure. A usb device is a usb device, so if you mean plug a sd card into a usb adaptor and run it that way then yes, it should work. Otherwise I don't know.
The Waninkoko Loader supports Loading (and installing) games to the SD Card in the front Slot since Version 1.3 - may you can please add this loader to your channel creator?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

im uploading a videoto show you house of the dead over kill running from a channel i used wiiscrubber to extract the opening.bnr and BNRbandit to create all my channels..just to confirm his statement...

PrincessPeach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
vettacossx said:
QUOTE said:

im uploading a videoto show you house of the dead over kill running from a channel i used wiiscrubber to extract the opening.bnr and BNRbandit to create all my channels..just to confirm his statement...

will edit with video when its done uploading

I downloaded the OVERKILL Channel from the PAL-Channels thread, and works wonderfully, I just couldn't creat it with WBFS Manager 3.0.

And the 0Byte files are indeed, 0B, and don't even have a correct *.wad file name, I think it may be a bad dump OR an error partrough the parsing / creating process.

I'll try to rerip Geometry Wars and Onechanbara (As in, Rerip to HD).

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PrincessPeach said:
vettacossx said:
QUOTE said:

will edit with video when its done uploading

I downloaded the OVERKILL Channel from the PAL-Channels thread, and works wonderfully, I just couldn't creat it with WBFS Manager 3.0.

And the 0Byte files are indeed, 0B, and don't even have a correct *.wad file name, I think it may be a bad dump OR an error partrough the parsing / creating process.

I'll try to rerip Geometry Wars and Onechanbara (As in, Rerip to HD).

Hold up now.... if they don't have a ".wad" extension then they are NOT wads! Several temp files are made during the creation process, some of them empty, so probably what you guys are getting are temp files left over after a bail from some other error.

PrincessPeach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
HowardC said:
PrincessPeach said:
(...)
(...)

Hold up now.... if they don't have a ".wad" extension then they are NOT wads! Several temp files are made during the creation process, some of them empty, so probably what you guys are getting are temp files left over after a bail from some other error.

May be possible, but those temp or garbage files are in the wad subfolder. But an error during the creating process is getting more likely. Is there a debug version to send in an error report or something?

Else, try Geometry Wars, Onechanbara, Day of Disaster or OVERKILL, all PAL-Versions.

davedeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
davedeluxe said:
each channel i create with this tool won't work.
i try to install the channels with wad manager 1.3, but always i get error ret = -1022
i downloaded some other channels from here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145609 and all the channels works perfectly.

so whats wrong?

nobody can help?
The createt wads have a correct size i think...between 800kb to 1,3 mb. But always i get the error -1022. All other wads work fine, but none of the created ones. is it possible that somefiles missing, when i download this program? the key.bin file was also created. so, pls help.

PrincessPeach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
davedeluxe said:
davedeluxe said:
each channel i create with this tool won't work.
i try to install the channels with wad manager 1.3, but always i get error ret = -1022
i downloaded some other channels from here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145609 and all the channels works perfectly.

so whats wrong?

nobody can help?
The createt wads have a correct size i think...between 800kb to 1,3 mb. But always i get the error -1022. All other wads work fine, but none of the created ones. is it possible that somefiles missing, when i download this program? the key.bin file was also created. so, pls help.

You're common-key.bin might be invalid, delete it and when it ask you to creat a new one, read the instructions carefully, as those instruct you to enter the number of 42 in to the empty text field. That's all that's to the Answer to Wii, The Homebrewchannel and Everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: For you @Xdqwerty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF1sefvrN40 +2