Hacking WBFS Manager and Channel Creator 3.0!

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i create a channel of a game pal, is there a problem?

And if is this a problem, can someon upload a template for solution this problem ( PAL games on NTSC wii)

PrincessPeach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Filename Errors happen when the gametitle has characters in it which Windows does not accept for filenames, like '|' as in BoomBlox. Sim City Creator has the same problem.

And with the following games I got a 0 Byte file:
- Crisis: Day of Disaster
- Geometry Wars Galaxies
- House of the Dead: OVERKILL
- Onechanbara

All are PAL Games.

The bad Filename bug could be fixed with a little exception handling. The other I do not know.

masud

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PrincessPeach said:
Filename Errors happen when the gametitle has characters in it which Windows does not accept for filenames, like '|' as in BoomBlox. Sim City Creator has the same problem.

- Geometry Wars Galaxies
- Onechanbara

All are PAL Games.

The bad Filename bug could be fixed with a little exception handling. The other I do not know.

Just asking for a name for the resulting wad would do the trick.

warlord007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PrincessPeach said:

- Geometry Wars Galaxies
- Onechanbara

All are PAL Games.

I had already renamed Bloom Blox and too out the | and still got the error
frown.gif

Also i cant see why Quantum of Solace would fail as well ?

warlord

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to make a wad channel and I have the iso on my main drive. When I go to create it it says wiiscrubber.dll not found. Just curious what I do from here

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm well I installed that and I now instead of err 48 wiiscrubber.dll not found i get error 53 wiiscrubber.dll not found. Im stumped. I really wanted to make some channels that are not anywhere to be found.

PrincessPeach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
musicman61554 said:
Hmm well I installed that and I now instead of err 48 wiiscrubber.dll not found i get error 53 wiiscrubber.dll not found. Im stumped. I really wanted to make some channels that are not anywhere to be found.

On which OS are you working on?
Be sure to have administrative privileges, or at least for the application.
Also, check if the path of your application has any spaces in it, if so, rename or move to a different folder.

Works great on Vista64 btw.

seejay01462

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HowardC said:
monkeybeast0 said:
HowardC said:
monkeybeast0 said:
Is some kind of progress bar or something supposed to come up after I select an iso to add? Its just sitting there right now.

With the new wbfsv.exe extraction takes FOREVER and the app will appear to hang. Your progress (when it finally refreshes) is in the little box at the bottom that tells your hdd stats. So if it'll work for you, select the old wbfs for extraction.
Right now I'm trying to add an iso and its been sitting at select an iso to add (not responding) for a while.

That's a windows explorer issue I think. Is it a folder with a ton of files in it?

I've got the same problem. I moved the ISO to a 'TEMP' folder on C drive with nothing else in it but it still hangs with 'not reponding'. I'm using Vista and running your prog as administrator. Any ideas?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
masamunecyrus said:
Does anyone know of any boot.dols that I can use that force NTSC / 60 Hz and/or use Ocarina?
the loader with the thread of 100 pages, right here in the forum
not as a channel at the moment afaik

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm, i used it on Vista

it creates a wad file, but when i try to install on Wii it gives me error -1002 or something like that, anyone knows what i am doing wrong?

EDIT: error 1022 if anyone knows

EDIT2: i just realized how stupid i am..... LoL!

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redx508 said:
lenitao did you fix it ? if you did how?

i think it was the key.bin
i deleted the whole thing and then re-downloaded, i right clicked in the "wbfsmanager.exe", compability and put "run this program in compability for "windows xp" sp2 and the ticked the "run this program as an administrator"

then, when i executed the wbfs manager i put the 42 as that window about key.bin says and next WADs i made installed and work fine, i don't know which was problem or what solved it : P

using vista btw

WalkerD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The manager gives me a message about how the isos might be corrupt if I extract them. How high is the chance that it will corrupt my isos?

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkeybeast0 said:
The manager gives me a message about how the isos might be corrupt if I extract them. How high is the chance that it will corrupt my isos?

i made about 5 channels and everything is working great, maybe there's a chance of an error, but i don't think the possibilities are high

little_vin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
My OS is Windows XP x64. The v3.3 detects my HD with no problem. I followed the WBFS Manager.txt to creat two channels for (RSPW01) Sports Pack and (R2UJ8P) Let's Tap. Both the process were done with the pop up message "Channel Successfully Created from ISO!"

The weired thing is the produced wad...."ii SportsWi - USPW.wad" (889K) and "s TAPLet' - U2UJ.wad" (1,410K).

Anyway, i could install them to my console without any problem, but the channels just won't show up. I checked them with firmware 4.0's channel manager. They both displayed as "???" with blank banner. The only thing i can do is to delete them.

I also tried to make the channel by install a new game with v3.3. The program stop responding and the HD never blink.

Did i made something wrong or short of any files? Any comment is appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...