1. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States

Rubber bullets.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Was it NRS that wasn't for sale? I heard recently that they got no buyer or that it wasn't for sale anymore or something.

All I know is that MK vs. Killer Instinct could happen if MS and NRS got together!

He'll be voiced by the Governator and hopefully not giving us cool puns...

...I'll see myself out.

2. Rail Fighter

Rail Fighter GBAtemp Fan

Angola
    Arkham City is one of the best games ever, so they maybe be into something worth looking into here. Arkham Knight was also pretty good.

3. Burlsol

Burlsol GBAtemp Regular

Nope, looks bad to me too. But hear me out.

Yay for more Batman, but not like this. Doing 4 different main characters may make everything feel more fractured and divided and less impactful overall. With nearly every other game that did something like this it usually ended up being one of two ways:

- You had a favorite character with a playstyle you enjoy for ~60% of the game, but are forced to use the other characters for certain stretches because of unique mechanics or plot elements so that other ~40% feels like a chore that you have to go through in order to get back to the character you like. Since characters get unique abilities, any time you see an area where that ability is required for something, even a side area, you groan audibly at having to swap or go back through the whole section with that character to get access to what is often just an alternate route down the same content hallway.

- You can use any character for every mission... But all characters end up with roughly the same kinds of special abilities with only minor differences in 'feel' when it comes to combat (slow and heavy verses light and quick, but still essentially just dealing the same amount of damage in the same amount of time to the same kinds of areas). Since every character has roughly the same abilities, main segments have little variation between characters other than different spoken words and cutscenes, further making character choice fairly meaningless.

While it can work in a tandem situation, like Last of Us, that feels like it would be a very different kind of game than what is shown.

In short, the more different the characters are, the more you will have to distract from the character that players want to use. The less different the characters are, the less meaningful character choice is, leading to a whole lot of extra voice and scene work for little benefit.

That aside, being done by a side studio makes everything about this feel like a poor attempt to make money while bridging the time between Batman's faked death and his return without distracting too much from the Suicide Squad game that is the hot commodity due to new movie. It's a perfect setup for releasing a very lackluster game.

Last edited by Burlsol, Aug 23, 2020
    tigersaman likes this.
  4. PROTOBOY

PROTOBOY GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Will play it on my Series X!!!

5. gohan123

gohan123 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I don't know who made the port of asylum, city and origins but those games ran good on a pc. I think only knight was a late release done by an external studio. knight ran actually pretty good on my amd r9 280x day1. so I doubt we will every see such a bad port again. but still, who the fuck preorders his games on any plattform?

6. Ty_

Ty_ GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Nope, not just you.

As soon as I saw the numbers for damage and enemy levels this indirectly screamed "microtransactions/games-as-a-service"

My expectations for this are incredibly low. If it turns out to be good, it'll be a surprise.

Bladexdsl and tigersaman like this.
  7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    great they turned batman into a boring rpg button mashing grinder. you can expect a lot of micro$ so you can customize and give your hero the best gear possible from fucking item $hops.

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Aug 23, 2020
    Ty_ likes this.
  8. Boesy

Boesy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I thought it looked good until the screen was invaded by numbers everywhere.

Bladexdsl, Ty_ and Obveron like this.
  9. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    idk man
    Even after new consoles release older consoles have still gotten plenty of games, lol
    PS2 got games up until 2012 and the wii is still recieving just dance games for some reason
    Also, Tony hawk's pro skater 5, yeah i know its shit, it got a ps360 port. Same for rise of the tomb raider, which only got a 360 port tho.

also as for the actual game itself.... yeah its probably going to be another games as a service microtransaction fuled fest. seems like they way most triple a games are going nowadays, and frankly its more surprising that im not surprised its most likely going to be this way

10. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    It used to be like that but now they are being super greedy forcing Next gen on us.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - reveals, Knights, Gotham