WB reveals Gotham Knights as the latest Batman game

As promised, DC has revealed the latest game to use the Batman license. The title is Gotham Knights, and it will release sometime in 2021. In the reveal trailer, various superheroes from the Batman universe appear, such as Red Hood, Nightwing, Batgirl, and Robin, who must protect the city from Gotham's villians following the assumed death of Bruce Wayne. A second trailer shows off the gameplay, where Batgirl faces off against Mr. Freeze, using series-typical stealth, physical combat, and gadgets.

The developers of the game describe that players will be able to take on missions in a variety of ways, through the different playstyles of each of the characters. WB Montreal is in charge of development of this game, while the upcoming Suicide Squad title is being made by Rocksteady, the team behind the previous Batman Arkham series.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Justice League" confirmed. Choppiness aside, I like what I'm seeing. Attacks could flow together better, but that might just be the person playing it. Co-op and multiple charterers are great. My biggest disappointment is, that this isn't Batman Beyond.

Non-lethal bullets?

Rubber bullets.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's funny you say that, because it was already reported they're trying to sell it. That's why I am surprised this game even exists or maybe it's to get buyers interested. Or maybe it has been in the works for awhile before they were looking to sell.

It looks like AT&T is looking to sell Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, or WB Games, with a possible price tag of about $4 billion. The company is reportedly selling the gaming division in an effort to divest assets to deal with its $165 billion debt.Jun 15, 2020

https://medium.com/swlh/at-t-is-selling-wb-games-ce138bd63bba#:~:text=It looks like AT&T is,with its $165 billion debt.

Some interested buyers are Microsoft, EA, Activision and others. I used to work for a wireless company called Cingular, who bought AT&T (yes THEY bought AT&T not the other way around) and changed their name to AT&T because of the name being more known world wide. I never thought they'd end up in debt like this.

Was it NRS that wasn't for sale? I heard recently that they got no buyer or that it wasn't for sale anymore or something.

All I know is that MK vs. Killer Instinct could happen if MS and NRS got together!

So I guess spoilers but Bruce being "dead" lines up 100% with the ending of Arkham Knight, and these are the same Robin, Red Hood, and Nightwing that we know from those games and their DLC. (Though batgirl obviously couldn't be Barbara) This looks a lot more like a continuation of Arkham series than a reboot.

Then again the AK expansion makes you wonder what Mr. Freeze could possibly be doing now. Hope it isn't something stupid like him freezing Nora again.

He'll be voiced by the Governator and hopefully not giving us cool puns...

...I'll see myself out.

Rail Fighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Arkham City is one of the best games ever, so they maybe be into something worth looking into here. Arkham Knight was also pretty good.

Burlsol

Trophies
XP
Country
Am i the only one that thinks this is so bad ?
Nope, looks bad to me too. But hear me out.

Yay for more Batman, but not like this. Doing 4 different main characters may make everything feel more fractured and divided and less impactful overall. With nearly every other game that did something like this it usually ended up being one of two ways:

- You had a favorite character with a playstyle you enjoy for ~60% of the game, but are forced to use the other characters for certain stretches because of unique mechanics or plot elements so that other ~40% feels like a chore that you have to go through in order to get back to the character you like. Since characters get unique abilities, any time you see an area where that ability is required for something, even a side area, you groan audibly at having to swap or go back through the whole section with that character to get access to what is often just an alternate route down the same content hallway.

- You can use any character for every mission... But all characters end up with roughly the same kinds of special abilities with only minor differences in 'feel' when it comes to combat (slow and heavy verses light and quick, but still essentially just dealing the same amount of damage in the same amount of time to the same kinds of areas). Since every character has roughly the same abilities, main segments have little variation between characters other than different spoken words and cutscenes, further making character choice fairly meaningless.

While it can work in a tandem situation, like Last of Us, that feels like it would be a very different kind of game than what is shown.

In short, the more different the characters are, the more you will have to distract from the character that players want to use. The less different the characters are, the less meaningful character choice is, leading to a whole lot of extra voice and scene work for little benefit.

That aside, being done by a side studio makes everything about this feel like a poor attempt to make money while bridging the time between Batman's faked death and his return without distracting too much from the Suicide Squad game that is the hot commodity due to new movie. It's a perfect setup for releasing a very lackluster game.

Last edited by Burlsol,
Reactions: tigersaman

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DO NOT PREORDER FOR PC !!!
It took almost 2 years after release for the last game to be playable on PC!
Console version might be fine ... knock yourselves out, I don't give a s***!

I don't know who made the port of asylum, city and origins but those games ran good on a pc. I think only knight was a late release done by an external studio. knight ran actually pretty good on my amd r9 280x day1. so I doubt we will every see such a bad port again. but still, who the fuck preorders his games on any plattform?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
great they turned batman into a boring rpg button mashing grinder. you can expect a lot of micro$ so you can customize and give your hero the best gear possible from fucking item $hops.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: Ty_

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most games are coming to PS5/Series-X next year. This year will be the last year any games being released this year come to the PS4/XB1. Who knows if sales flop for the PS5/XBSX then we may get more games on the old gen.

It is all up in the air.
idk man
Even after new consoles release older consoles have still gotten plenty of games, lol
PS2 got games up until 2012 and the wii is still recieving just dance games for some reason
Also, Tony hawk's pro skater 5, yeah i know its shit, it got a ps360 port. Same for rise of the tomb raider, which only got a 360 port tho.

also as for the actual game itself.... yeah its probably going to be another games as a service microtransaction fuled fest. seems like they way most triple a games are going nowadays, and frankly its more surprising that im not surprised its most likely going to be this way

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk man
Even after new consoles release older consoles have still gotten plenty of games, lol
PS2 got games up until 2012 and the wii is still recieving just dance games for some reason
Also, Tony hawk's pro skater 5, yeah i know its shit, it got a ps360 port. Same for rise of the tomb raider, which only got a 360 port tho.

also as for the actual game itself.... yeah its probably going to be another games as a service microtransaction fuled fest. seems like they way most triple a games are going nowadays, and frankly its more surprising that im not surprised its most likely going to be this way

It used to be like that but now they are being super greedy forcing Next gen on us.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night