Homebrew Was Ninjhax 3.0 cancelled or something?

Halvorsen

OP
Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
A while ago smea said some things about some stuff being included in his next Ninjhax release, and this was a long while ago.
Basically, there hasn't been a new ninjhax since 2.7, so was Ninjhax 3.0 cancelled or overshadowed just like TDVS?

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XMxzATe.png

2 weeks ago from today

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
that's about ninjhax on 11.0, not ninjhax 3.0
Also Ninjhax. Doesn't have to directly mention 3.0....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just curious, what else do you need from Ninjhax? At this point, I think all of the must-have features are already present.
Built in capture software! Wait...

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We still don't have update code.bin replacing through hans.
Because with romfs and code replacement we'd probably get that much closer to userland piracy. We wouldn't want that, now would we?
I actually went on #cakey a while back asking about that. It turns out that it does need kernel access to change the code.bin loaded. To paraphrase:
"So pretty much, a Loadiine-esque setup wouldn't work because the 3DS handles that stuff on a much lower level than the Wii U."
For those of you who don't know, Loadiine boots up a game to fool the IOSU, then quietly replaces what the PPC is running with another game. I proposed a similar scenario for the 3DS, and that's why it wouldn't work.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually went on #cakey a while back asking about that. It turns out that it does need kernel access to change the code.bin loaded. To paraphrase:
"So pretty much, a Loadiine-esque setup wouldn't work because the 3DS handles that stuff on a much lower level than the Wii U."
For those of you who don't know, Loadiine boots up a game to fool the IOSU, then quietly replaces what the PPC is running with another game. I proposed a similar scenario for the 3DS, and that's why it wouldn't work.
Well, there goes a conspiracy theory blog post about antipiracy devs hiding piracy from userland... :P

Then why was it given as an option in HANS?

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021