Homebrew WarioWare: D.I.Y. save not dumping properly - O3DS with Luma 9.0 through boot9Strap

ItalianGamer97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to dump my WarioWare: D.I.Y. save with Checkpoint, but the resulting file doesn't seem to work when I import it to DeSmuME. What gives? All my other games' saves dump properly... I've even tried TWLSaveTool and that didn't read the cart at all and spat an exception at me. WWDIY works fine when I fire it up through the Home Menu...

ItalianGamer97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not even showing up in TWLSaveTool. I seem to have version 1.1. It only throws an exception when I power off while TWLSaveTool is stuck not being able to read WWDIY. It read New Super Mario Bros fine, though.

ItalianGamer97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It uses a strange save format. Alot of save tools don't support it.

Well, what would support saves from WarioWare DIY?

I looked it up, and that would require me to have a way to run NDS files. I don't have a DS flashcard handy, but I could have the exploit I used to install boot9strap (seedminer DSiWare injection, iirc) boot up DSM.nds that's been renamed boot.nds. Also, I don't think that'll work with WPA2-PSK (AES) security...

Last edited by ItalianGamer97,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, what would support saves from WarioWare DIY?

I looked it up, and that would require me to have a way to run NDS files. I don't have a DS flashcard handy, but I could have the exploit I used to install boot9strap (seedminer DSiWare injection, iirc) boot up DSM.nds that's been renamed boot.nds. Also, I don't think that'll work with WPA2-PSK (AES) security...
I wish I knew, all I know is that twlsavetool specifically lists it as incompatible. Believe me I'd love to get my games off of that cartridge.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wish I knew, all I know is that twlsavetool specifically lists it as incompatible. Believe me I'd love to get my games off of that cartridge.
It's one of the few CARD2 games* for the DS, and the category as a whole (which on 3DS includes Animal Crossing, Pokemon XYORAS, ...) did not get sufficient interest, in fact WWDIY is probably the most famous

If it's just the content you're after (preferably a small number), you can cheat by sending them to a Wii or another DS + flashcard...

* CARD1 = rom + eeprom, CARD2 = nand with (questionable) write protection scheme to separate game and save

Reactions: Giodude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: though if it s important to go online for a game I would much rather buy it