egparadigm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Help appreciated with this.

I have had some luck extracting or dumping save files from N64 carts via my Action Replay, which can output .mpk files to my controller (memory) pak. I can then use Everdrive 64 X7 to save this to an SD card for access on PC or Mac. I have taken these files and copied the hex into an eep file, which I’ve then been able to load through Everdive. So now I have my old saves for example on Goldeneye.

Hiwever this method isn’t working for either Diddy Kong Racing or Donkey Kong 64. Diddy is not a problem as it can transfer files directly using the controller pak. But I’m stuck on DK64. I note that DK uses a 16 Kilobits (2048 bytes) EEPROM rather than the more typical 4kb file size, so maybe this has something to do with it. When I try to sccess the save on an Everdrive copy of DK64 it just comes up without any save data.

I believe the ROM I have is the same version as the cart (think there is only one). It’s the NTSC-U game.

Anyone can suggest a method that’s known to work for this game or, failing that, a method that works with 16kilobit saves?

Latest photos

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: