Hacking Want to install Adrenaline but NO PSN? No Problem...... Sort of

ahmadabumaizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everyone...
i have been silently trying to install adrenaline for a while now but it always ends up with the package installer not opening and giving me an error
and yes i tried that while i was in idu mode and with taihenkaku installed and up and running
i also tried to recopy and replace all the files required for the installer to run
and my vita is activated

Last edited by ahmadabumaizer,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
henkaku or tai?? btw i edited my first post pls take another look
Either works. You do have to be in IDU mode with Henkaku to install PSP content as well, but I see from your edit you tried that.

You still didn't include the error, I can't help without knowing what's wrong.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

ahmadabumaizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's...odd. It's not an error I've ever seen before myself.

You're sure you installed the PKG installer correctly? It sort of sounds like you didn't properly overwrite the system's app maybe. Try installing the PKG installer again using this tutorial:

http://wololo.net/2016/08/22/ps-vita-installing-package-installer-firmware-3-60/
i just did everything that tutorial said and it replaced the files restarted and loaded up taihenkaku and error (c2-13704-5) popped up upon onpening the installer app

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
i just did everything that tutorial said and it replaced the files restarted and loaded up taihenkaku and error (c2-13704-5) popped up upon onpening the installer app
Hmm...that's very odd. You're sure when you setup the bubble itself you chose the correct app? I'm legit lost on this, I can't find this error code anywhere on Google or Wololo or various other places and it's not something I've ever heard of.

ahmadabumaizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...that's very odd. You're sure when you setup the bubble itself you chose the correct app? I'm legit lost on this, I can't find this error code anywhere on Google or Wololo or various other places and it's not something I've ever heard of.
what do you mean by choose the correct app????
the bubble itself has the correct name and the yellow icon

Last edited by ahmadabumaizer,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
what do you mmean by choose the cottect app????
the bubble has the correct name and the right icon?
I mean the TitleID, it's separate from the icon. You can choose any icon you want, doesn't mean it'll work correctly. You need to make sure the TitleID in the app.db says NPXS10031.

Reactions: alienfromouterspace

alienfromouterspace

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to transfer the demo from my ps3 to the vita but when I access the content manager through the QCMA trick, I can't find the demos
I downloaded both Locoroco2 Carnival and PixelJunkMonstersDeluxe (ofc in the ps3 with the same account of the vita)
The vita is EU and is activated, running taiHenkaku

Why the demos dont show up
Try echochrome? Only 50 mb.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what do you mean by choose the correct app????
the bubble itself has the correct name and the yellow icon
On molecularshell did you already press start and click on enable unsafe homebrew installation or something with that name?

ahmadabumaizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean the TitleID, it's separate from the icon. You can choose any icon you want, doesn't mean it'll work correctly. You need to make sure the TitleID in the app.db says NPXS10031.
yeah that was the problem... and now its working so thanks alot
but do i need to connect my vita to the computer to install packages??/? because i only have a charging cable

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You can FTP. If you have an Android phone you can use it as a hotspot, provided that your PC can also connect to wifi.
He's not talking about VPKs, he's talking about PKGs which can only be installed by being connected to a PC.

yeah that was the problem... and now its working so thanks alot
but do i need to connect my vita to the computer to install packages??/? because i only have a charging cable
So yes, you do need to connect to your PC to install packages. You can use wifi IIRC, if you use Yifan_lu's DNS server on your Vita you should be able to connect to QCMA without it asking to update.

Reactions: alienfromouterspace

ahmadabumaizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's not talking about VPKs, he's talking about PKGs which can only be installed by being connected to a PC.

So yes, you do need to connect to your PC to install packages. You can use wifi IIRC, if you use Yifan_lu's DNS server on your Vita you should be able to connect to QCMA without it asking to update.
i am using the dns sever thingy but can you tell me in detail how to connect the ps vita to my computer throught the package installer as there is no option to use wifi

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
i am using the dns sever thingy but can you tell me in detail how to connect the ps vita to my computer throught the package installer as there is no option to use wifi
Install QCMA, open content manager on your Vita, connect to your PC via wifi, and then open the PKG installer again and it should work.

ahmadabumaizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install QCMA, open content manager on your Vita, connect to your PC via wifi, and then open the PKG installer again and it should work.
as soon as i press the ps button to exit the content manager it disconnects and when i reopen the package installer it only gives me the option to connect using the cable

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
as soon as i press the ps button to exit the content manager it disconnects and when i reopen the package installer it only gives me the option to connect using the cable
There should be a Content Manager Assistant option on the PKG installer itself, you can try that instead and then connect via Wifi. That's how it works with PSTVs anyways, which can't use USB, so it should work fine on the regular Vita.

ahmadabumaizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There should be a Content Manager Assistant option on the PKG installer itself, you can try that instead and then connect via Wifi. That's how it works with PSTVs anyways, which can't use USB, so it should work fine on the regular Vita.
as soon as i press on the Content Manager Assistant option on the PKG installer itself it asks me to connect via usb???????????????
and i apericiate all of your help ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: