Hacking Want to install Adrenaline but NO PSN? No Problem...... Sort of

Gorre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i hv a second hand fat ps3, fat psv 3.18, slim psv 3.60 that can run henkaku.
Like many, i wd like to install psp cfw on the psvs.
1. for ps3 play safe, i never use this ps3 to connect online. How to start with this ps3... check the ps3 version to see whether it is cfw or still official? How to avoid ps3 from being requested to update when trying to logon psn using this ps3 ?
2. for psvs, how can i confirm whether they have been activated or not? Logon psn accounts from notebook is there a list of activated device there for checking?
Sorry noob questions

Not sure about the ps3 parts as I don't have one, but this is from page 3 of this thread.

If anyone wants to get a head start and has an activated VITA.

The ACT.DAT is located tm0:npdrm/act.dat

DONT DELETE OR ALTER IT without a backup else you may be screwed.

Reactions: emuashui

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well i hv a second hand fat ps3, fat psv 3.18, slim psv 3.60 that can run henkaku.
Like many, i wd like to install psp cfw on the psvs.
1. for ps3 play safe, i never use this ps3 to connect online. How to start with this ps3... check the ps3 version to see whether it is cfw or still official? How to avoid ps3 from being requested to update when trying to logon psn using this ps3 ?
2. for psvs, how can i confirm whether they have been activated or not? Logon psn accounts from notebook is there a list of activated device there for checking?
Sorry noob questions
1. If your PS3 has CFW, I suggest you look around for info on that in the PS3 section/PS3hax. You'll need to access PSN to download a PSP demo on the PS3.
2. There's not really any way to check 100%, but if you've already installed something from PSN previously like a game or whatever, it'll be activated. If not, it's likely not activated.

Gamerboi28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Congratulations, glad to hear it works for you.

I could've been a proud adrenaline user myself but it was just that one day difference that I was unable to become one, I could've activated my vita the day before the PSN spoofing was blocked, truly regretted it, damn laziness, even worse is because I bought the vita on day before the spoofing had stopped working, just that one day difference really pisses me off lol guess the only options available for me is acces to a PS3 or better yet, someone comes up with new spoofing technique or even better hack the vita so we can access psp emulator without a psp game, I know it's a bit of rambling on my part but just wanted to vent my anger and frustration with regret on my laziness lol

No worries Tom, vent away! Lol. Sorry to hear about your frustration. I know this nasty feeling of wanting to kick yourself. I was standing right there with the seller and he was telling me: "you don't have to restore it if you don't want, cause there's just playstore account I don't care about on there and you can even have the game that was downloaded on there". What can I say. I was a moron and I got paranoid and thought it would just be better for everybody if we restored it. And then it was "welcome to the matrix!" Lol

Vitaminer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries Tom, vent away! Lol. Sorry to hear about your frustration. I know this nasty feeling of wanting to kick yourself. I was standing right there with the seller and he was telling me: "you don't have to restore it if you don't want, cause there's just playstore account I don't care about on there and you can even have the game that was downloaded on there". What can I say. I was a moron and I got paranoid and thought it would just be better for everybody if we restored it. And then it was "welcome to the matrix!" Lol

Lol you are looking at the wrong user, I am not the expert Tom, he's probably got his vita in top notch condition with adrenaline and everything

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
1. If your PS3 has CFW, I suggest you look around for info on that in the PS3 section/PS3hax. You'll need to access PSN to download a PSP demo on the PS3.
2. There's not really any way to check 100%, but if you've already installed something from PSN previously like a game or whatever, it'll be activated. If not, it's likely not activated.

1. Turned out my fat ps3 is cecha12 ofw 4.60, can i update it to its latest version and login my psn for subsequent transfer a psp demo to my psv ? i heard that such fat ps3 is downgradable and if that is the case, i can safely let it upgrade to latest version and then still can be downgraded later.?

2. Both psvs show psn accounts (2 different ones) in the psn setting, one already signed in to 3.60 newer psv, while the other currently not signed in but still displayed a record of a psn account of mine. That means, both psvs already activiated?

alienfromouterspace

Trophies
XP
Country
If I activate an account on a PS3 with CFW is there any chance that Sony will brick my console? If I understand this correctly I need to remove my Vita from my old account, then put it on the new account which I'll use to get a PS3 demo?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
1. Turned out my fat ps3 is cecha12 ofw 4.60, can i update it to its latest version and login my psn for subsequent transfer a psp demo to my psv ? i heard that such fat ps3 is downgradable and if that is the case, i can safely let it upgrade to latest version and then still can be downgraded later.?

2. Both psvs show psn accounts (2 different ones) in the psn setting, one already signed in to 3.60 newer psv, while the other currently not signed in but still displayed a record of a psn account of mine. That means, both psvs already activiated?
1. Sure.
2. Not necessarily. Check in tm0:npdrm in VitaShell for an act.dat file. If it's there on both Vita's, they're already activated. However, it's infinitely easier to just use a PS3 to transfer a PSP demo over, so just use that method even if it's present.

If I activate an account on a PS3 with CFW is there any chance that Sony will brick my console? If I understand this correctly I need to remove my Vita from my old account, then put it on the new account which I'll use to get a PS3 demo?
Sony can't brick your console. So far, nobody has been banned from using Henkaku or using the PS3 method. You don't necessarily have to use a new account, either, as long as the account on your Vita is the same as one on your PS3 (which can have multiple PSN accounts linked to) you're fine.

Note that not all PSP demos work on the Vita, you have to find one the Vita can use (like the Locoroco Midnight Carnival demo) otherwise the Vita might not see the demo at all.

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Well, i suddenly learn of console(ps3) ban and begin to suspect my fat ps3 might be a banned one... i wd better use a new psn for logging on with this ps3...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Well, i suddenly learn of console(ps3) ban and begin to suspect my fat ps3 might be a banned one... i wd better use a new psn for logging on with this ps3...
Unless your PS3 was previously using a CFW and going online with pirated games without taking precautions and using cheats online etc, you're probably not banned. That's pretty much the only instance in which you may be banned.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
My Vita is activated, if I'm not mistaken there's a chance my Vita would produce a bubble without a demo, or am I mistaken?
If you follow the method on page 3, it should work ok. But if you have a PS3, it's infinitely easier and better to simply use that to transfer a demo. Like, maybe 2 minutes of work vs 10+ minutes and the possibility to mess up

Reactions: alienfromouterspace

alienfromouterspace

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't want to risk my main account because I love my trophies and I bought a lot of games for it, so I want to take the safest route.

If I need to link my Vita to a newly created account, do I need to connect my Vita to the internet to disconnect it to my old account? Because if the spoofer is gone, I'm not sure how I would log the new account on the Vita so the PS3 and the Vita are on the same page.

alienfromouterspace

Trophies
XP
Country
How does that work? When I do the system restore, would it go back to my Vita's oldest firmware? I think it wouldn't, it would remain on 3.60, but how would I be able to put in a new Vita account without the internet? Wouldn't it need to verify my account or something? Sorry if I have too many questions.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
How does that work? When I do the system restore, would it go back to my Vita's oldest firmware? I think it wouldn't, it would remain on 3.60, but how would I be able to put in a new Vita account without the internet? Wouldn't it need to verify my account or something? Sorry if I have too many questions.
No, it just goes to factory settings as if it were brand new on 3.60.

When you setup the Vita for the first time, you can link a PSN account while being connected to the internet, I just wasn't very clear in my post heh. After you connect the account, you turn the wifi off so it doesn't try to update on you.

Reactions: alienfromouterspace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?