OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everyone,

Backstory
I recently modded two V2 Switches with Picofly modchips from AliExpress, and they are working great. Encouraged by this success, I decided to mod my OLED Switch with an OLED-compatible Picofly. Initially, it seemed to work, but I encountered an issue: I couldn't boot into OFW, either from Hekate or without the chip.

ff.jpg

I later discovered that this problem might be due to using a flex cable install instead of wires. It turns out the flex cable or possibly the d0 point install can corrupt the eMMC chip. I attempted resoldering, which didn't help, and even did a level 2 rebuild of my NAND, suspecting it might be corrupted, but that also didn't resolve the issue. After desoldering everything, I ended up with an expensive paperweight. While I might give it another try in the future, I've spent too much time on it for now to give it another go.

Present day
Fortunately, I received a bonus from work, and OLED Switches are currently cheap where I live, so I decided to buy another one along with another Picofly chip. I'm a bit hesitant to solder the chip in, as you might expect.

For context, my soldering skills are solid. A professional solderer even rated my skills as pretty darn good.

Are there specific things I need to watch out for when installing a Picofly chip on an OLED Switch? I've watched many YouTube videos, so I think I know most of the process, but I want to make sure I don't end up with another paperweight. My previous Switch had a SkHynix eMMC btw (probably my new one too). I've also read the black dat0 adapters are more reliable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/M8FIepElAFU?si=9yP0JZyHN1eKK0_h