Hacking Wad managers and wad channels alright to install?

soundcell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to install stuff like Super Mario 64, Zelda Majora's Mask, and VC channels like that. I just installed HBC, the IOS's and Wiiflo, etc., last night.

Are wads safe or no, and what does everyone suggest?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Channel WAD's are just fine.
VC and WiiWare should work fine, even injected stuff (as long as it worked on the Wii)
Forwarder channels have to be the new vWii compatible forwarders but even an old one won't brick anything. It just won't forward.
I don't think embedded homebrew channels work ("full" channels as some people call them) but I might be wrong and again they won't brick anything. They just might not run.

Just don't install a WAD of a theme, system menu, IOS, BC, cIOS, MIOS, DM(L) or any of that system stuff. They could be a bit more dangerous to your system.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bootmi doesnt work and i think I read it or priloader will brick your vWii mode so avoid. There is a thread here with newly vWii compatible forwarders for just about every applicable homebrew or loader....thanks BTW to the people who made those.....

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info quick. When I do get my hands on a Wii U I doubt I will go as far into hacking it as I did my normal Wii and since I still have my normal Wii I think I'll just install the HBC and emulator channels and thats about it.

jay.d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well to install wads in the first place youll want to install the latest ios 236 for vwii.
& wiiware & vc classic wads work perfect but just remember to get the correct region version. since there is no priloader for region free yet.
& full channels have to be converted to vwii exactly like forwarders.

jjuanml2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What software are you using to install ios 236? Also what else is needed to install vc wads and usbloader gx wads? Sorry I'm fairly new to this. Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated