Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
WaRMarinE said:
Changelog anyone?
Did you read the first page of this thread?

Cyan said:
Found on Github :
CODE- Directory browsing support added.
- USB 2.0 Mass Storage Device support fixed.
- Autofix bad common key (with fakesigning).
- GUI modified (bigger console and new background).
- Background music added (OGG player).
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
@wichoxp, i'm sure it wont be long until all of the positive/new changes to WMv1.7 are implemented in YAWMM (& MMM wont be too far behind either), and the first 2 items in your list are already in YAWMM and MMM. So its only a matter of time until u get your wish
biggrin.gif

does anyone know what this means?
"- Autofix bad common key (with fakesigning)."
I don't know what's "- Autofix bad common key (with fakesigning)" because I never encountered this problem before. To me, it's the only thing YAWMM and MMM are missing compare to WM1.7. I'm sticking to MMM 13.2 since it can do much more than just installing wad. A bet a 13.3 is coming soon to implement this fix. GUI and OGG bg music is totally useless.

All-in-1 ftw, sorry.

Pip'

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
XFlak said:
does anyone know what this means?
"- Autofix bad common key (with fakesigning)."
I read the new Wad Manager will also work with ciosxes with a different base than 38.
Maybe that's what it's good for.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XFlak said:
can some1 please explain this changelog item to me please? It sounds like it might be the only change that isn't already in Yet Another Wad Manager Mod (other than the OGG player or miscellaneous improvement).

QUOTE said:
- Autofix bad common key (with fakesigning).

From his twitter:
Getting -1029 error? Fix your WAD! Byte 0x1F1 of the ticket should be 0x00 (or 0x01 if using the Korean common key).

I guess there's some pirate tool or some pirate wads around with broken tmds and/or tickets. cIOS up to rev17 seem to be patched to ignore all signing, maybe rev18+ are patched to have the trucha bug. I would say the modification is just trucha signing the ticket and/or the tmd if the installation start fails. (i haven't looked at the source)

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The fix changes the byte at 0x1F1 to a 0 if it's not 0 or 1. I think it's meant to be some sort of index to tell the Wii which key a ticket is signed with, but some tools seem to put something else in there. It doesn't trucha sign the ticket so some (rare) wads will still throw up an error

EDIT: lol, I was wrong. It now fakesigns the ticket after fixing that byte.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That byte tells if the title uses the common key or korean key. Fakesigning it afterwards is pointless since the signature isn't checked.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
For people asking... there ya go
mthrnitesmiley.gif
!...

WAD Manager v1.7 MOD:

Download it: [WAD Manager v1.7 MOD] (DOL compiled + channel installer + source code)

[ CHANGES 1.7 MOD ] :
- Background music removed (space saving).
- Changed start folder to "WAD".
- Changed (DIR) to (looks better in that way).

See ya
ph34r.gif
!

m0menti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a problem. The WAD Manager 1.7 starts up and seems to be working, but when I'm asked to "Select NAND emulator device" my WiiMote just turns it self off! And it wont turn on again before I reset the Wii... Any one know whats going on?
frown.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
m0menti said:
I have a problem. The WAD Manager 1.7 starts up and seems to be working, but when I'm asked to "Select NAND emulator device" my WiiMote just turns it self off! And it wont turn on again before I reset the Wii... Any one know whats going on?
frown.gif
Try it with IOS 250, this will disable the NAND Emu feature.

m0menti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
FIX94 said:
m0menti said:
frown.gif
Try it with IOS 250, this will disable the NAND Emu feature.

Thanks, it worked with 250!

Should I just use 250 from now on? Or should I try to make it work with 249 or something?
ohmy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/ajurvXsCdbo?t=225