Hacking Wad Manager 1.7 by waninkoko released

nevets26

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you use to reinstall ios 249 if its corrupt, im still getting use to modding and have preloader on mine and its very difficult for me to copy nand with most of the apps i found because stepson updated wii before i had preloader on it, i was at 4.2u before but now at 4.3u but have hbc and most other things i had before on it.

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nevets26 said:
what do you use to reinstall ios 249 if its corrupt, im still getting use to modding and have preloader on mine and its very difficult for me to copy nand with most of the apps i found because stepson updated wii before i had preloader on it, i was at 4.2u before but now at 4.3u but have hbc and most other things i had before on it.

You use a cIOS installer or install the wad manually...

Alzeroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it took me a while to figure out how to do this, I will post what I did and maybe it will help someone else:

1)Install homebrew channel, not much trouble with this part.

*2)Do lot's of unrelated stuff until you get the desire to install a wad, that is use the homebrew browser to install and play various homebrew games. no effect on getting this to work.

**3)Install IOS 249 from http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249. This mean also installing IOS 236, just follow the instructions he has on that page. That should allow you to get past the wiimote dropping when you select your IOS.

4)Now for the ret =-1 error. This is the place that you put the wad files you want to download. I thought it was in the Wad Manager 1.7 dir, or some folder in it. Turns out you have to make a wad (all lowercase) folder in the directory of the SD card. Place the wad files you want to install in this folder and everything should run smoothly. Finally got Darkwii theme working.

*Feel free to skip this step.
**Make sure you remove the gamecube memory cards when installing those IOSs, and dont forget about bootmii, preloader or some other brick protection. Also, the link that it tells you to download is cIOS Installer Xr20b but there is a link on that page that takes you to the updated cIOS Installer Xr21, which you want.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Alzeroth that information is all extremely outdated and very generalized such that it is absolutely useless. You never once specified how we would manage to go about installing any part of that. and the ret = -1 that is a permissions error. Wad manager 1.7 supports folder browsing so as long as the wad is on the card it can be installed when running on the right IOS. Also note you didn't even mention what system menu version you are running.

Alzeroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If all this info is outdated, howcome after hours of seaching all over the internet I still had to figure all this out for myself. At least I put it in a step by step list that hopefully someone new to the modding scene will happen upon. Also the ret =-1 error... It went away when I put the folder in a wad at the sd root. It wouldn't let me browse folders before, and it still wont after. I wonder if i'm using the same v1.7 as you?

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your logic is incredibly faulty. the two points you try to connect in your first sentence have nothing to do with each other, and are in no way related.

just to make you feel special, the amazing info you spent so many hours gathering is found in the readme. or modmii can build your SD card's file structure for you.

gbahighspl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the same issue with trying to install Waninkoko's Wad Manager version 1.7.

I followed this tutorial:

http://lifehacker.com/?_escaped_fragment_=...rnal-hard-drive

And everything worked, right up until the "Extra Credit" section. Here's what I have done so far.

1. Smashstack to put in the hackmii installer 0.8
2. DOP Mii v15
3. cIOSX rev 21
4. USB Loader GX2.0 -- allinonepackage

Everything worked, no problems, and I am pleased with it. But, I have to do the Homebrew Channel -> USB Loader -> Choose game. That's why I wanted that "extra credit" part.

I went off and grabbed the 1.7, put it on my little memory card, choose the IOS249, and then I my remote loses its sync, and I'm stuck.

My Wii was at 4.3u before I started, and that's what it's at now.

All things considering, I am pleased with the results....but I want that extra credit!

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
gbahighspl said:
I get the same issue with trying to install Waninkoko's Wad Manager version 1.7.

I followed this tutorial:

And everything worked, right up until the "Extra Credit" section. Here's what I have done so far.

1. Smashstack to put in the hackmii installer 0.8
2. DOP Mii v15
3. cIOSX rev 21
4. USB Loader GX2.0 -- allinonepackage

Everything worked, no problems, and I am pleased with it. But, I have to do the Homebrew Channel -> USB Loader -> Choose game. That's why I wanted that "extra credit" part.

I went off and grabbed the 1.7, put it on my little memory card, choose the IOS249, and then I my remote loses its sync, and I'm stuck.

My Wii was at 4.3u before I started, and that's what it's at now.

All things considering, I am pleased with the results....but I want that extra credit!

so your trying to install the forwarder for GX?

if you have your cIOS all set up along with WADManger v1.7/YAWMM or any other WAD app on the sd(sd:/apps/YAWMM/boot.dol), make sure you have a "wad" folder on the root of the SD and it has at least one .wad file with in it, then select the forwarder .wad and install

e.g sd:/wad/xxxx.wad

gbahighspl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"so your trying to install the forwarder for GX?"

Maybe? I don't know. I want to do the extra credit portion of this tutorial:

In my mind, what this would do is it would put the option to access the games on the USB drive directly from the main Wii screen. Right now, go to the Homebrew Channel, choose the USB Loader, after it loads, I choose game. I would like to skip to the USB loader without having to jump through the Homebrew Channel.

The extra credit section of that link told me how to. I follow the directions, and it froze up when I tried to install the Wad Manager version 1.7, after I choose IOS249.

"if you have your cIOS all set up along with WADManger v1.7/YAWMM or any other WAD"

I don't think I do, because when I tried to put it on, it froze up. The instructions I am following are in the extra credit section of that link.

gbahighspl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Can't get the source code working?"

Not sure I understand the question. I'm trying to get the extra credit portion of this tutorial to work:

When I try to install version 1.7 of Waninkoko's Wad Manager, the remote locks up after I choose IOS249, at the NAND screen. That's the issue I think I'm trying to fix. The goal is to get the option to load the USB games on the main Wii Channel, so that I don't have to do the Homebrew Channel -> USB Loader -> Choose game route.

From the home brew channel shopper thing, I downloaded and ran the sysCheck utility. It tells me that IOS249 is a "Stub", and that IOS250 has the Trucka Bug, ES_Identify, and NAND Access.

Does that help?

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, the question is unrelated to what you were saying. Also, I didn't mean to phrase it as a question.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so you want to install a usb loader channel? According to your syscheck, I would just select ios 250 instead of IOS 249.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes