Hacking vWiiVC injected game cropped - Trauma Centre Second Opinion

sgakensymd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Anyone came across this issue? I'm using a PAL WiiU and I got a PAL and NTSC Wii ISO of "Trauma Centre Second Opinion" into my console using the vWiiVC injector. When I boot up the game the image is cropped from the bottom and even when you hit on the wiimote button to bring up the "Wiimote settings" screen that part is also cropped from the bottom. I tried to see if this happened with my Disc version of the game and it doesn't. Shows the entire picture of the game when I boot it up on vWii. This seems to be the only WiiVC game I have on my console that does this and I'm unsure why. Seems to be some kind of resolution problem maybe?? Anyone come across it and know how to fix it? I've tried to catch the video mode on the vWiiVC injector tool but no luck.

Axel_Justice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I could be the injector itself, Teconmoon even came out last year and said they were surprised people even still use it because it doesn't work very well and he abandoned the project

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-uno...cript-doesnt-work-black-screen-thread.527752/ (first reply on the guys comment)

You're better off in the long run getting a USB Loader set up. Much quicker to get games on your system and a much higher game compatability rate (mines been 100% so far)

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I'm using a PAL WiiU and I got a PAL and NTSC Wii ISO of "Trauma Centre Second Opinion" into my console using the vWiiVC injector.
What do you mean by "a PAL and NTSC Wii ISO"? Did you try two separate ISOs? One ISO which is patched to be region free? Something else?

To me this sounds like the game is in some sort of confused state where it's trying to run at PAL 576i, but the vWii is running at PAL 480i/p, so the extra PAL resolution is just being lost off the bottom of the screen. On a PAL console, you will usually have the most success using a normal PAL ISO rather than trying to get a different region or patched game to work.

Reactions: sgakensymd

sgakensymd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What do you mean by "a PAL and NTSC Wii ISO"? Did you try two separate ISOs? One ISO which is patched to be region free?

Yes correct. I initially tried an NTSC ISO and changed the region through the injector. It boots but it's cropped.

Thinking that maybe it was an NTSC issue, I deleted the NTSC and used a PAL ISO via injector without any region/video patching and the cropping issue was still there.

sgakensymd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Managed to fix the problem by setting the PAL ISO to PAL60 instead of PAL on the Wii Video Mode Changer via the WiiVC injector tool. You were right Vague Rant, the PAL format had that 576i that weirded out the WiiVC injector. Switching it to PAL60 gave me 480p (or 480i... Can't remember) and voila! I get a full picture now. There's a black border around the Wii game but it doesn't bother me.

Reactions: Vague Rant

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Every so often they only come around like once a year