Homebrew vWii's Wii USB Drive dosn't work anymore

MarioSonicLife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay so, after some trial and error, i successfully formatted the drive to WBFS and, oh man, IT WORKS

I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT THANK YOU ! Now the drive dosn't work in windows but I DON'T CARE

Thank you so much man !

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so, after some trial and error, i successfully formatted the drive to WBFS and, oh man, IT WORKS
Have you tried launching games? Do they work?
I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT THANK YOU ! Now the drive dosn't work in windows but I DON'T CARE
Yes it will not appear as a drive in Win anymore, when you want to add/remove games you can do so with WiiBackupManager.
Thank you so much man !
Glad it helped! :)

MarioSonicLife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, it launches games just fine, i tried Kirby Adventure Wii and no problem, I'm currently moving all my games now

But there's one thing that I may never know

How did it get this way ? Did ustealth broke something ? Because before formatting to WBFS Ustealth showed the drive as hidden when it wasn't and when I unhid it it did nothing

Reactions: Sypherone

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wbfs is a nintendo own format. Only WiiU can read it. If iam right there is a special Windows tool that can be used for it. Wii Backupmanager can handle wbfs files, maybe also the filesystem.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But there's one thing that I may never know

How did it get this way ? Did ustealth broke something ? Because before formatting to WBFS Ustealth showed the drive as hidden when it wasn't and when I unhid it it did nothing
I think it's because of the usb flash drive itself. Both Wii/Wii U's don't like them much, formatting it as wbfs helps abit with the compatibility, but it's not always guaranteed that it'd work. In your case it did.

Reactions: Sypherone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.