bertjan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope, Wifi doesn't work. You'll need the nintendo LAN adapter if you want network connectivity.

Download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/168985945/debi...ite-0.1.tar.bz2.

For now it's on rapidshare, so only 10 downloads allowed. Be quick if you want it ;-)
I'm working to get a better host, in the meanwhile this will do.

Please note that X is configured for PAL resolution: 640x576. If your screen can't display this, you need to change the display resolution in /etc/xorg.conf to 640x480.

If you have any questions, just post them here or drop by in #gc-linux on irc.oftc.net!

regards,
Bert Jan

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
cool
smile.gif
will this wii linux ever have wifi support, i hope so, i don't use lan
frown.gif

That would mean more and more cables running half a mile up through the house
tongue.gif

bertjan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
dudicus said:
So what is stopping us from putting the recent port of XBMC to linux on this?
I did look into this shortly, but i believe XBMC needs OpenGL to run, and if I'm not mistaken, that's a no-no on the wii..

skedone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH MY GOOD just one thought is kate installed coz the thought of making homebrew on the wii and testing on the wii i mean wow

will install this later just got to find my spare card

bertjan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I added a few things today:
- VNC server (with screen sharing: control your wii using a remote mouse+keyboard!)
- VNC client
- Microsoft remote desktop client
- on-screen keyboard

This will be, among other stuff, included in the next release.

maglat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bow.gif
for you great work. keep it up.

if i plug in my 1TB external storage(ntsf) into the usb port from the wii, will you linux version detect it?
Is there any usb support like a usb keyboard?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
bertjan said:
I added a few things today:
- VNC server (with screen sharing: control your wii using a remote mouse+keyboard!)
- VNC client
- Microsoft remote desktop client
- on-screen keyboard

This will be, among other stuff, included in the next release.
Sounds good! I'd love controlling Linux on my Wii with my iPod touch
tongue.gif
Or controlling my Ubuntu PC using the Wii... The possibilities are endless!

Edit: i just tried it, and it works quite well! Very nice work
biggrin.gif
The only problem I have is that internet doesn't work for me. Am I missing something here? Do I need to configure it or something? It works fine in homebrew, games and the official Opera browser...
Edit: ah, I see, it isn't supported unless you use the Nintendo adapter... That's a shame.

bertjan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
maglat said:
bow.gif
for you great work. keep it up.

if i plug in my 1TB external storage(ntsf) into the usb port from the wii, will you linux version detect it?
Is there any usb support like a usb keyboard?
The usb drive should be detected. However, to use it, you probably need to mount it from the console. Open an xterm, su to root (password 'whiite'), and mount the drive, something like 'mount /dev/sda1 /mnt'. Afterwards, the contents of your drive should be accessible in /mnt.

Moest USB keyboards are fully supported.

EDIT: ah, i just noticed you wrote NTFS. I don't think that's going to work; there's no driver for NTFS included. I don't think there's a native one for the linux kernel at the moment.

bertjan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey all,

I've made a short preview of some of the stuff that will be included in the next release: vnc server, vnc/rdp clients, and iPod integration with gtkpod (use your Wii as jukebox!). Check out the video here.

More info here.

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
Hi,

I am having problems installing it. I don't know how to format my SD card. I am using Ubuntu (for the first time).
Could some one help me out.

Zargo,

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
King Zargo said:
Hi,

I am having problems installing it. I don't know how to format my SD card. I am using Ubuntu (for the first time).
Could some one help me out.

Zargo,
I installed it using Ubuntu. It wasn't too hard really.

I uesd gparted to format my SD-card. It's has a GUI, which makes things a lot easier. To start it, press alt+F2 and type "gksudo gparted" (or use Systeem -> Partitiebewerker). You will need to type your password, and then the program will start. You should select your SD-card and delete all of the partitions. Now create a new one of about 256 MB. Make sure you format it in FAT16. The rest of the SD-card can be filled up with another partition which should be formatted in Ext3. If you're done editing, use the V button (or Bewerken -> alle bewerkingen uitvoeren). Your SD-card will now be formatted. After that, extract the kernel to the FAT16 partition and the rest of the files (the ones which you can download in this topic from bertjan) to the Ext3 partition.

I could write a little guide with screenshots for this if a few people would be interested...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk