Hacking [Video] First Wii U Homebrew Game [Pong]

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does that mean that everything above 5.0.0 doesn't have a way to trigger kernel exploit still?

Correct, we're relying on my 5.0.0 Wii U, Relys' 5.0.0 Wii U, and Hykem's going to backport the exploit to 3.0.1 once his arrives. Anything above 5.1.0 is still locked out for now. It still works on every version above that (supposedly), but until we exploit a new bug there's no way to trigger it.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Correct, we're relying on my 5.0.0 Wii U, Relys' 5.0.0 Wii U, and Hykem's going to backport the exploit to 3.0.1 once his arrives. Anything above 5.1.0 is still locked out for now. It still works on every version above that (supposedly), but until we exploit a new bug there's no way to trigger it.
Gotcha. Assuming you plan to port it(I hope you do), will you be doing a simultaneous release for all versions? Or are you going to release the whole package up to 5.0.0 then work on 5.0.1 and so on after?

I guess backups might be a little off-topic, since the hacking team are settings restrictions to avoid that (I think so).

Isn't Hykem working on an exploit that can do just that?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I guess backups might be a little off-topic, since the hacking team are settings restrictions to avoid that (I think so).

I am more hyped about a possible DS/N64 emulator to finally have all the Nintendo console games I own in just one tight machine. :)
Without hoping for Nintendo to put them in the goddamn eShop which is restricted as fuck in the library of games. And not even counting the copyright restrictions...
Allowing to play legal backups would be a huge benefit to having a Wii U hacked because the loading times on Wii U game discs are a freaking bitch! Lego City Undercover takes one god damn minute to load!

Xbox 360 allowed users to install the game data on the console's HDD but Wii U an eighth generation console can't? :glare:

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Allowing to play legal backups would be a huge benefit to having a Wii U hacked because the loading times on Wii U game discs are a freaking bitch! Lego City Undercover takes one god damn minute to load!

Xbox 360 allowed users to install the game data on the console's HDD but Wii U an eighth generation console can't? :glare:
You can't possibly install games on the Wii U.
It has a 32 GB limitation, my bet goes into saying that at least each game would take 512MB or so.
Add to that that some users already have eShop titles and so... And you're out of memory. :P
But yeah I agree, some sort of USB Backup loader would be great... BUT without leaving it open for piracy.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
You can't possibly install games on the Wii U.
It has a 32 GB limitation, my bet goes into saying that at least each game would take 512MB or so.
Add to that that some users already have eShop titles and so... And you're out of memory. :P
But yeah I agree, some sort of USB Backup loader would be great... BUT without leaving it open for piracy.
I've got tons of 160 GB HDDs lying around here so storage space isn't something I'd worry about. :P

I'd dare to say I'd buy another Wii U unit to play my Wii U games on an HDD and also for Nintendont.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've got tons of 160 GB HDDs lying around here so storage space isn't something I'd worry about. :P

I'd dare to say I'd buy another Wii U unit to play my Wii U games on an HDD and also for Nintendont.
I have a 1.5 TB HDD, which is my main gaming hard drive for all my console backups.
Something like Devo might work out to avoid piracy on current gen consoles. But only for current gent. XD

GreenJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This blows my mind, keep up the good work! Being able to mod Wii U games has been on my wishlist for quite some time now, I hope it becomes a reality soon.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Someone releases an homebrew for the Wii U and most replies are piracy related.

Never change temp, never change....

OT:
Nice work!
Neat explanation as well.
You plan on doing more?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.