tomm2cool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a Dell Dimension 9200 system with a 2.4 Intel Core 2 Quad CPU, 2gigs of DDR2-5300 Memory & a PBDS DVD+-RW DH-16W1S Dual Layer burner.

My Wii is NTSC-U with a WiiKey 1.9G. I believe my burner is giving me problems with the Verbatim media I have been using. (Verbatim DVD-R, 8X, Manufacturer ID: MCC 02RG20) It has worked perfectly with my girlfriends HP computer, but naturally not with my system thats more powerful.
rolleyes.gif

Anywho, I have been using the latest ImgBurn 2.4.0.0, burning at 4x & I have tried burning 3 NTSC isos with no luck.
frown.gif
I believe my burner is a Lite-On clone, but I was not able to find any updated firmware for it. I have used Taiyo-Yuden clone dvd-rs with this drive & they have worked fine with my WiiD, but the WiiKey has given me problems with using my TY discs for certain games such as Mario Galaxy asking to remove the disc and reinsert it to work.

Do I basically have to replace my burner? If someone can give me any info or help, please let me know so I won't have to keep wasting discs. Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

Puxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried those same settings on IMG burn and it didnt work (i got the #001 error). Then I tried Nero 6, speed 2.4x. Works like a charm.

tomm2cool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just tried 6 Verbatim discs and nada. Burned a Taiyo disc and it worked. Now I'm going to test how it flies. Tried 4x, but maybe I might switch to 2x speed with the TYs if I see any read errors. I still would like to figure out what is up with those Verbatims and my burner since I tried Imgburn and Nero 8 Lite on 4x, 2.4x & 2x.
mad.gif

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I've been having no luck with verbatim, use 6 of them and all didn't load all the way, then I used Sony dvd r's then bang.... all the way!!!

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried 6 Verbatim discs and nada. Burned a Taiyo disc and it worked. Now I'm going to test how it flies. Tried 4x, but maybe I might switch to 2x speed with the TYs if I see any read errors. I still would like to figure out what is up with those Verbatims and my burner since I tried Imgburn and Nero 8 Lite on 4x, 2.4x & 2x.
mad.gif

Weird... but anyway, why all the low speeds, whats wrong with 8x?

I've only ever used 8x or 4x and have yet to ever even see what a DRE looks like... feels like I'm missing out!

With Verbatim, by the way...

malsuk

Trophies
XP
Country
I have always used a Ritek dye with all my backups for Gamecube, Xbox 360 and Wii and never ever had dre or any other problems. I have and always will stick to them, they are great discs quite cheap and very very reliable.. try them you wont be disappointed.

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Verbatim DVD+R with a Pioneer Dual Layer burner and works great with IMGBurn. HAven't been able to try with Nero since Nero doesn't recognize 2.4x as a valid burn speed

phyl0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made 6 coasters out of TDK DVD+R DL; tried normal burns (all on imgburn), layer breaks, different modes, etc. all would give an Error as soon as i put the disc in the wii (black screen that said sorry theres a problem, eject disc and reset power). I thought maybe my Wii (launch day) was one of those which couldnt read DL without a 'cleaning' from nintendo.

Went to Best buy and got their cheap store brand discs, first one worked with no problems.

tomm2cool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got myself a new Samsung Dual Layer burner: PROBLEM SOLVED!
toot.gif

It's burned everything I've thrown at it using all discs perfectly and the drive is as quiet as a corpse.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol