(v)Wii(VC) - Some YAWMM Mod

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by FIX94, Oct 16, 2017.

1. FIX94
    OP

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    So for some reason I felt like modding YAWMM (a wii wad manager) myself a bit and this is the result.

Changes from the last YAWMM googlecode version:
    -updated to be compiled in the latest devkitppc, libogc versions
    -added on-the-fly IOS patches when AHBPROT is disabled, so no cIOS is required in those cases
    -support for classic controller, wiiu pro controller (on both wii and vwii) and wiiu gamepad (in wii vc mode)
    -small corrections in how the root path is selected (having no "wad" folder now correctly displays on device root)

You can get a ready-to-use file right over here.
    https://github.com/FIX94/Some-YAWMM-Mod/releases

So for people that want to mod vwii and dont even have a wiimote, you could for example inject this into a wii vc title and then install my open homebrew channel branch wad and afterwards build a wii vc title that just contains a forwarder to the open homebrew channel using my wii vc channel booter.
    Really though the reason I built this just was cause I wanted to be able to easily install and uninstall channels to test in the wii vc channel booter without having to grab a wiimote every time :P
    The on-the-fly patches should work on wii, vwii from hbc and wii vc directly just fine to install any title you'd like, so its basically as clean as you can get in terms of needing any cIOS.

Well, maybe somebody will find this interesting.

SrTommy, marcioap1, VinsCool and 9 others like this.
  2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    it's not based on Excelsiior/Nano's modded version ?
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/i-can-install-ios-in-vwii-but.338809/page-14#post-4502776

he already added AHB support, and few fixes.

I also often give the english translated version (of 0.5.e) to a lot of users when they want to mod their vWii (no more cIOS needed) from hacksden:
    http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/7241-YAWMM-DE-English-Translation/

the googlecode version is probably in an older state. but you added different features, so both are good I suppose :)
    Specially for users who want to inject it for WiiVC, yours is of course better.
    So, yours might become the one I'll provide to users now, but if you can merge both latest changes/features that would be nice to have a single homebrew to suggest to users.

Last edited by Cyan, Oct 16, 2017
    Madridi likes this.
  3. FIX94
    OP

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    I was initially thinking of using that version but to be honest, the double translation, the fact the original doesnt exist anymore (click on one of the links and you will be 404'd), I also read some crashes can happen with it on certain wads, WAY too many IOS patches (like seriously, it was pretty silly how much it did) and other oddities I decided to get a clean version of YAWMM and add the few things that were needed myself.

Cyan likes this.
  4. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I didn't know about the crashes on some wads. What I like was that it didn't require a cIOS anymore.
    Well, if you think it's cleaner to start from the latest official, then I'll trust you :P

I might suggest your version from now on then.

Last edited by Cyan, Oct 16, 2017
  5. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Keep up the good work :P

6. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Awesome work! A quick question: i just noticed you did a new branch for the Open Homebrew Channel, would this be usable on the Wii too? It would incredibly useful to control HBC with only the Wii U Pro Controller instead of using a Wiimote (same on vWii, of course).

Last edited by niuus, Oct 16, 2017
  7. FIX94
    OP

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    yup, in fact I even boot right into it on my wii when I turn on my console and it works just as well as the normal HBC including using the wiiu pro controller.

8. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    YES! That's exactly what i wanted, since i also boot straight to the Homebrew Channel right from power on. Most wanted feature for me during so many years... thanks for this, FIX94.

9. VinsCool

VinsCool Neges Singula

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Wow that's fantastic! So basically we no longer need to use a exploit game or WUPhax for hacking vWii mode, is that correct?

10. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I didn't thought about that, but I guess you can install the open source HBC wad file using this method.

wuphax still seems easier to explain to a total newbie, because generating a wiiu channels requires few more steps and "obscure" ones (getting wiiu keys) to build a channel, you need a way launch cfw on wiiu first to install and launch that channel, while you could hack vWii with just a browser hack with wuphax method.
    But for someone who already has a cfw on wiiu, and knows how to generate channels but hasn't installed HBC to vWii yet, it's a new and simplest method. I guess.

Last edited by Cyan, Oct 17, 2017
  11. THYPLEX

THYPLEX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 20, 2017
    Italy
    Rome
    I've installed the homebrew Channel on my Vwii by using Smash for wii

12. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    This should be more convenient then wuphax once the new WiiVC Injector is done :) specially if you don't own a wiimote :D

Cyan likes this.
  13. Peninsula

Peninsula Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2014
    United States
    How do you boot directly into your mod of the HBC on your wii? It looks like Priiloader looks for a game with the LULZ titleid when you have it autoboot the HBC.

14. FIX94
    OP

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    I've built myself a tiny loader dol that in priiloader you can install and then set autoboot to "installed file".
    https://mega.nz/#!45QgkTaY!fDRd-r8A8qwvlBv8Ym9pkEZ09qAJnsSddBiYqO_sRQI

15. Peninsula

Peninsula Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2014
    United States
  16. TheThief

TheThief Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2016
    United States
    Is your open homebrew channel a different title ID? As in, if I install it will I have the standard channel and your version or will it replace the standard version?

17. Dcep1501

Dcep1501 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2018
    United States
    Hm this seems to be he the closest topic to my question. I have a soft-modded Wii 4.3. Does your mad enable CC support for wiiware games that force wiimote use? The games I’m referring to don’t use motion, they just make you hold it sideways which is lame.

18. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    No, it just means you can use a classic controller to install them. You'll have to manually patch your wads to get what you're looking for.

19. Dcep1501

Dcep1501 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2018
    United States
    Is there a thread on here about that you can link me to? I couldn't find anything on how to do that. This sounds like something I want to try, if possible.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice