Hacking Uwizard: All-In-One Wii U PC Program

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems illegal too. This way you could share any copyrighted data. That is: music, movie, credit cards etc. (As you said just give the sequence of offsets, and have a program convert back to the original data)

Think about it this way. You chose to use 2-byte chunks, but you could have used 1 bit chunks. So you just need the offset for the bit 0 (which is 33), and the offset for the bit 1 (which happens to be 1)

So instead of sharing the common key 001011001010 (just an example)
you would share 33 33 1 33 1 1 33 33 1 33 1 33 (and telling the user that 33 should be looked up in Pi, and thus converted to 0)
They're basically the same data; sharing either is illegal

Yes, but that's on the end user to provide it (like how crediar does it as a seperate file you provide, the program itself has no copyrighted data). Same with a xorpad, the person would have to dump it themself/get it from someone to provide to the program. The dumping program has no copyrighted data in itself, it just reads and formats external data.

Reactions: Mr. Mysterio

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but that's on the end user to provide it (like how crediar does it as a seperate file you provide, the program itself has no copyrighted data). Same with a xorpad, the person would have to dump it themself/get it from someone to provide to the program. The dumping program has no copyrighted data in itself, it just reads and formats external data.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. NUS Downloader U will ask the user to locate a cetk if there isn't one on NUS. It will also tell the user that if they're trying to download a game, the cetk may be found in system\02\title.tik inside the disc of the same game.

Reactions: Margen67

SWS90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. NUS Downloader U will ask the user to locate a cetk if there isn't one on NUS. It will also tell the user that if they're trying to download a game, the cetk may be found in system\02\title.tik inside the disc of the same game.

There are a few problems with that though, finding dumps of Wii-U games is next to impossible, dumping your own copy of the game is not publicly known (as far as I know), and the title.tik might not be able to decrypt the NUS content 100% of the time.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uwizard 1.1.1 is here!

Uwizard is now the first multi-lingual Wii U PC program! Uwizard can run in English, French, or Portuguese.

I have finally added SARC archive management, and Yaz0 SZS management! I also added an experimental command-line interface. If you drag a file over Uwizard, it will try to convert it. For example, if you drag an SZS over Uwizard.exe, it will decompress it to a .bin file. You may either manually download Uwizard 1.1.1 here, or if you've already downloaded Uwizard, click the "Check For Updates" button in the "Settings" tab and it will automatically update while keeping your entered keys and settings!

Changes:
- SZS and SARC archive management added.
- BFSTM multi-select and optional channel separation added.
- Command line interface added.
- More NUS titles added to the easy-access list.
- Multiple languages added.
- Minor bug fixes.

The features I hope to add in the next version are:
- BFRES Decoder
- BFLIM Decoder (may have to wait though)
- WAV to BFSTM Compiler
- BFWAV to WAV Extractor
- 32-bit Windows XP Compatibility

I welcome any questions, suggestions, or comments! (or any other form of feedback that doesn't fall into one of those three categories :P)

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The fact about this key stuff is everybody seems to care but Nintendo, who don't care at all.
All the Wii keys are on hackmii and Nintendo never acted on it, the BR decryption keys are on Wikipedia.

But gbatemp is certainly not the place to have such filthy things.

My tools only loaded the key from a file because the key wasn't public when I made them and my next version of DiscU will include it.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to see these features:
WAV to BFSTM
WAV to BFWAV
BFRES maker, or something like that.

I'm 99% sure that WAV to BFSTM will be in the next version! :)
What is a BFWAV? Can you give me link(s) to reputable documentation? If I can, I'll try to add it soon.
BFRES extractor will probably be in the next version. However, creating a BFRES will be much harder because of unknown data. For extracting a file, it usually is possible to do it without knowing the whole format, but to create a file, nearly every byte must be known. (Although not all. Some are probably unused zeros!)

The fact about this key stuff is everybody seems to care but Nintendo, who don't care at all.
All the Wii keys are on hackmii and Nintendo never acted on it, the BR decryption keys are on Wikipedia.

But gbatemp is certainly not the place to have such filthy things.

My tools only loaded the key from a file because the key wasn't public when I made them and my next version of DiscU will include it.

Would you be able to send me the source for DiscU? Pretty please? If you don't want it to be public, I can keep it secret. If I had the DiscU source, then I could make Uwizard able to extract compressed Wii U games without the risky scrubber feature! I think a LOT of people who use Uwizard would really appreciate it if their Wii U games could be smaller than 23GB! :lol:

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I can't, you can ask soneek.
I can give you a BFWAV file in a PM as an example, you can play it using Foobar2000 with vgmstream plugin, it can play BRSTMs, BCSTMs, BFSTMs as well! :)

Sure, I'd appreciate an example file. Also, I think Uwizard may already be able to play it. Try renaming it from "whatever.bfwav" to "whatever.bfstm", then try to convert it with Uwizard.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the BFSTM feature, I'd like to make a (hopefully) small request:
Since it is very possible to convert .wav files to .mp3 files, would it be feasible to add a "Convert to MP3" option to the BFSTM decoder? The advantage of course being that the music file is much more compressed so that you get more storage space in the end (so if you wanted to put the music on, say, a phone, you won't sacrifice precious storage)

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it is very possible to convert .wav files to .mp3 files, would it be feasible to add a "Convert to MP3" option to the BFSTM decoder? The advantage of course being that the music file is much more compressed so that you get more storage space in the end (so if you wanted to put the music on, say, a phone, you won't sacrifice precious storage)

There are probably plugins (or I think even the system can) that provide you with conversion between common formats supported by the system.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are probably plugins (or I think even the system can) that provide you with conversion between common formats supported by the system.

Right, I figured, I was just wondering if it could be added to the app itself if it wasn't too much trouble just for the sake of keeping everything in one centralized location

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's a great idea! I will definitely add that to my next version!

BTW, did you notice that you can now select multiple BFSTMs if you hold the Ctrl key, then convert them all with one button click?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a great idea! I will definitely add that to my next version!

BTW, did you notice that you can now select multiple BFSTMs if you hold the Ctrl key, then convert them all with one button click?

Haven't updated yet (haven't had the time) but I do recall the suggestion for that a few pages back :) Glad it made it in!

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates

Jcfraven

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably a really dumb question, though I fear I know not the answer to it. What exactly can you do with the NUS downloads? I know you can play audio from the games, but is there a way to pack the data into a .wud, and run it on the Wii U? Probably not, though I wanted to ask. If you cannot, what else is there purpose-wise?

Thank you in advance for responding!

P.S: If you need any clarification on what I meant by something, just tell me which part.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably a really dumb question, though I fear I know not the answer to it. What exactly can you do with the NUS downloads? I know you can play audio from the games, but is there a way to pack the data into a .wud, and run it on the Wii U? Probably not, though I wanted to ask. If you cannot, what else is there purpose-wise?

Thank you in advance for responding!

P.S: If you need any clarification on what I meant by something, just tell me which part.

Currently, there is no way for the public to play .wud game backups on their Wii U. However, you can download and decrypt titles from NUS. This gives you access to any files that were modified with that game update. The only files that Uwizard can make useful to the public right now are BFSTM sound streams. For other files, like BFRES models or BFLIM textures, you will need to use other tools to extract them to a standard format. If you can get the "system\02\title.tik" file from a game, then you can download and decrypt the whole game from NUS.

Crazc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great to see that you are still actively discussing your program with users and other developers.

Something that I'm still anxiously waiting to see if you implement is Batch Converting for BFSTM files.

An option to convert the audio files from the game files into something other than WAV would also be outstanding. I have a bunch of uses for MP3 files that cannot be substituted with WAV files, so this feature would at least be useful to some people.

Ninjedit: looking back, I realize that the programs or devices that cannot use WAV files in place of MP3 files most likely are just suffering from laziness by their programmers. Either way, it would still be a dandy feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: