Hacking Uwizard: All-In-One Wii U PC Program

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem. Again, this is a maybe. My teacher, although he likes me and knows I am somewhat competent with computers, is a bit of a stickler with what we run on the computers. I will probably be able to convince that I'm not doing anything illegal or something that could harm the computers at all.

Would UWizard provide me a crash log and name of the .exe that crashed? Silly question most likely, but eh.
You can also tell him that Uwizard will leave no record of being on the system other than process logs. (And maybe crash logs. :P)

If Uwizard.exe crashes, then it should display a window like this:

uwizexeption.png

If you see this window, just paste the log (Click the "Details" button to show it.) into a text file on your thumb drive so you can post it here. If an exe other than Uwizard.exe (like DiscU) crashes, I don't know what the screen will look like on Windows XP. Just save a screenshot of the error on your thunb drive along with any log it may give so you can post it here.

PS: You don't have to put a full 25GB WUD on your thumb drive. Because Crediar wrote CDecrypt and DiscU, they should either both work or neither should work. To test CDecrypt, just download and decrypt anything from NUS. (The NES Remix update is the smallest title in the list.) :)

PPS: Of course, you should edit out any personal info from screenshots or logs before posting them here. ;)

Reactions: Crazc

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What personal information would be included in the crash log? Sorry, I've never really meddled with crash logs besides BSoD.

Well, the screenshot of a crash log that I posted above contains my computer user name. Fortunately, "Rosalina" does not identity me personally in any way. However, if it said "CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Bill Gates/Documents/Uwizard/Uwizard.exe", it probably should be changed to "CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/xxxxx/Documents/Uwizard/Uwizard.exe". If it's your school computer, it shouldn't be too much of a problem though.

Crazc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the screenshot of a crash log that I posted above contains my computer user name. Fortunately, "Rosalina" does not identity me personally in any way. However, if it said "CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Bill Gates/Documents/Uwizard/Uwizard.exe", it probably should be changed to "CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/xxxxx/Documents/Uwizard/Uwizard.exe". If it's your school computer, it shouldn't be too much of a problem though.

Oh. My screenshot will either be my computer teacher's name or mine. I'll edit it to just be some XXXX's either way.

But that's just if it does crash

Reactions: Mr. Mysterio

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a bug:
The "Export channels separately" function is not working correctly with the BFWAV decoder, it just exports the same file multiple times and name it as *_channel_*

Yep, that's a bug alright! :ohnoes: It's also the same for BFSTMs as well as BFWAVs. It exports all the channels twice. For the BFWAVs, the NSMBU ones have only one channel, so it's easy to see the duplicates. I'll try to release Uwizard 1.1.3 today to fix that bug and one other minor bug in the Sound Manager that I found. The other bug happens when you do the following:
- Decode a Wii U Sound Stream to a single WAV file.
- Decode the same sound stream to WAV, but export the channels separately.
- The single WAV created by the first step is now gone! That shouldn't happen! :ohnoes:

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
:wtf: Then either there is a bug in vgmstream, or both stereo channels are identical.
OK, then we can say there's a bug in vgmstream.
And why would people want a "Export channels separately" feature? Only to save time? They can export the wav and use Audacity to split channels, it always works.

Reactions: Margen67

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, then we can say there's a bug in vgmstream.
And why would people want a "Export channels separately" feature? Only to save time? They can export the wav and use Audacity to split channels, it always works.

Well, Uwizard can't convert a multi-channel WAV into MP3, so it needs to be able to export multiple channels. Maybe I could just have it only output half the channels when that option is checked. I'll also keep a close eye on the vgmstream website for a new version.

EDIT: Also, Uwizard is supposed to be an all-in-one program. It shouldn't require the user to use audacity to export separate channels.

AboodXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Well, Uwizard can't convert a multi-channel WAV into MP3, so it needs to be able to export multiple channels. Maybe I could just have it only output half the channels when that option is checked. I'll also keep a close eye on the vgmstream website for a new version.

EDIT: Also, Uwizard is supposed to be an all-in-one program. It shouldn't require the user to use audacity to export separate channels.
Hmm.. that looks interesting...
Ask soneek about vgmstream, I think he can help.

Also, keep up the good hard work!

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. that looks interesting...
Ask soneek about vgmstream, I think he can help.

Also, keep up the good hard work!

Well soneek, do you have any thoughts about this bug? To reproduce it, just use the -2 N option in vgmstream and increment N from 0 to the number of channels. The last half of the channels will be duplicates of the first half.

EDIT: Actually, this isn't a bug in vgmstream. It's a mistake in my usage of it. N should only be incremented to half the number of channels. N signifies the number of channel pairs, not the number of channels.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

AboodXD

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Well soneek, do you have any thoughts about this bug? To reproduce it, just use the -2 N option in vgmstream and increment N from 0 to the number of channels. The last half of the channels will be duplicates of the first half.

EDIT: Actually, this isn't a bug in vgmstream. It's a mistake in my usage of it. N should only be incremented to half the number of channels. N signifies the number of channel pairs, not the number of channels.
So, were you able to fix the bug in Uwizard?

Reactions: Mr. Mysterio

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible to convert mp3 to bfstm ?

WAV to BFSTM will come before MP3 to BFSTM. Currently, no program can do that, but soneek is working on it. It's taking a while because he has to test his BFSTM builder with Wii U games. He has to send his test files to NWPlayer123.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uwizard 1.1.3 is here!

I have added added German and Spanish, and fixed some bugs in the Sound Manager! You may either manually download Uwizard 1.1.3 here, or if you've already downloaded Uwizard, click the "Check For Updates" button in the "Settings" tab and it will automatically update while keeping your entered keys and settings!

Changes:
- German language added.
- Spanish language added.
- Minor bug fixes.

The features I hope to add in the next version are:
- BFRES Decoder
- BFLIM Decoder
- BFSTM (and/or BFWAV) Compiler
- Arabic Language

I welcome any questions, suggestions, or comments! (or any other form of feedback that doesn't fall into one of those three categories :P)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already