Hacking Uwizard: All-In-One Wii U PC Program

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great to see that you are still actively discussing your program with users and other developers.

Something that I'm still anxiously waiting to see if you implement is Batch Converting for BFSTM files.

An option to convert the audio files from the game files into something other than WAV would also be outstanding. I have a bunch of uses for MP3 files that cannot be substituted with WAV files, so this feature would at least be useful to some people.

Ninjedit: looking back, I realize that the programs or devices that cannot use WAV files in place of MP3 files most likely are just suffering from laziness by their programmers. Either way, it would still be a dandy feature.

You can select multiple BFSTMs in the selected folder, then convert them all. Just hold Ctrl or Shift.

I've been working on a built-in MP3 converter using the LAME library. I have it working-ish, but not 100% reliable.

I've been REALLY busy lately, so either my next release will only have minor changes like MP3 support and BFWAV support, or it will be a long time until my next release. I'm guessing that the public would prefer fewer features released sooner. Which would you prefer?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can select multiple BFSTMs in the selected folder, then convert them all. Just hold Ctrl or Shift.

I've been working on a built-in MP3 converter using the LAME library. I have it working-ish, but not 100% reliable.

I've been REALLY busy lately, so either my next release will only have minor changes like MP3 support and BFWAV support, or it will be a long time until my next release. I'm guessing that the public would prefer fewer features released sooner. Which would you prefer?

Considering most people have no use for it anyways at the moment, probably better to make sure it works well for when we release all our stuff so people can use it. The important thing is extraction, importing comes second.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering most people have no use for it anyways at the moment, probably better to make sure it works well for when we release all our stuff so people can use it. The important thing is extraction, importing comes second.

Of course, I will make sure it works well before I release anything. It's simply a matter of, for example, releasing a built-in wav2mp3 converter in two days, or releasing a wav2mp3 converter and a BFWAV decoder in five days.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you add BFWAV support that fast?! Is it true that only that BFWAV file I sent to you helped you?

I got it working about twenty minutes after you sent me that file. Thanks! It would have taken me DAYS otherwise.

EDIT: I can see there's plenty of anticipation for the features that I've already made. I'll release the BFWAV decoder and the MP3 encoder either this evening or tomorrow morning. :)

Reactions: jammybudga777

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I got it working about twenty minutes after you sent me that file. Thanks! It would have taken me DAYS otherwise.

EDIT: I can see there's plenty of anticipation for the features that I've already made. I'll release the BFWAV decoder and the MP3 encoder either this evening or tomorrow morning. :)

Did the file sound normal when you converted it to a wav with your program?

Reactions: Mr. Mysterio

Crazc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Never noticed that it was implemented. Thanks for letting me know.

Considering that it will most likely be a while before certain features are needed to be implemented into Uwizard (like when the Kernel exploit releases), I would say to release small, semi-frequent updates like you said, adding gradual changes.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how to extract images from a file .wud

To extract and decrypt all the files from a WUD, you need the common key and the title key. The title key most likely came with the WUD. You can find the common key using Google. Some images will be in the .tga format, which many image editors can open. Other images will be in the BFLIM format. These are much harder to convert. NWPlayer123 wrote a script to convert BFLIMs, but I have not been able to successfully use it.

Reactions: Margen67

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To extract and decrypt all the files from a WUD, you need the common key and the title key. The title key most likely came with the WUD. You can find the common key using Google. Some images will be in the .tga format, which many image editors can open. Other images will be in the BFLIM format. These are much harder to convert. NWPlayer123 wrote a script to convert BFLIMs, but I have not been able to successfully use it.

common key and the title key
I am in my possession
how you extract

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
common key and the title key
I am in my possession
how you extract

After you've opened the WUD in Uwizard, press the button "Extract Game Files" in the lower right corner. If that doesn't work, then it's possible that your key(s) are wrong. It should say "Verified as Correct by SHA1" by both the common key and the title key. (Although it may say "No SHA1 Found" for the title key.)

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

NWPlayer123
how to convert
the file BFLIM

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uwizard 1.1.2 is here!

I have added BFWAV decoding ability, and an MP3 encoder! It is also now a 32-bit application! You may either manually download Uwizard 1.1.2 here, or if you've already downloaded Uwizard, click the "Check For Updates" button in the "Settings" tab and it will automatically update while keeping your entered keys and settings!

Changes:
- BFWAV decoder added.
- MP3 compiler added.

The features I hope to add in the next version are:
- BFRES Decoder
- BFLIM Decoder
- WAV to BFSTM (and/or BFWAV) Compiler

I welcome any questions, suggestions, or comments! (or any other form of feedback that doesn't fall into one of those three categories :P)

Crazc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uwizard 1.1.2 is here!

I have added BFWAV decoding ability, and an MP3 encoder! It is also now a 32-bit application! You may either manually download Uwizard 1.1.2 here, or if you've already downloaded Uwizard, click the "Check For Updates" button in the "Settings" tab and it will automatically update while keeping your entered keys and settings!

Changes:
- BFWAV decoder added.
- MP3 compiler added.

The features I hope to add in the next version are:
- BFRES Decoder
- BFLIM Decoder
- WAV to BFSTM (and/or BFWAV) Compiler

I welcome any questions, suggestions, or comments! (or any other form of feedback that doesn't fall into one of those three categories :P)

Great update, Mysterio. Already using the MP3 function. Thanks for that.

Edit: Was making it a 32 bit application in order to make it compatible with a lot more machines?

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was making it a 32 bit application in order to make it compatible with a lot more machines?

Yes! I got some requests to make it work on 32-bit Windows XP machines. I don't have one to test it with, but it should work. Can you please tell me if it works for you Cyan? The only disadvantage is veeeery slightly slower processing speed. However, it shouldn't be noticeable. There is a small possibility that one of the programs contained within it (like DiscU) is actually 64-bit. In that case, only some features of Uwizard would work.

Crazc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! I got some requests to make it work on 32-bit Windows XP machines. I don't have one to test it with, but it should work. Can you please tell me if it works for you Cyan? The only disadvantage is veeeery slightly slower processing speed. However, it shouldn't be noticeable. There is a small possibility that one of the programs contained within it (like DiscU) is actually 64-bit. In that case, only some features of Uwizard would work.

Oh, cool. I might be able to smack UWizard onto a thumbdrive and test it out on the computer I use at my school (I have full administrator access because A) My teacher likes me and B) He knows I'm good with computers). It's a semi-old 32 Bit XP machine running 7 with absolutely shit specs, so we shall see if it works :)

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, cool. I might be able to smack UWizard onto a thumbdrive and test it out on the computer I use at my school (I have full administrator access because A) My teacher likes me and B) He knows I'm good with computers). It's a semi-old 32 Bit XP machine running 7 with absolutely shit specs, so we shall see if it works :)

Thanks! If it does crash or anything, could you please post the crash logs and the name of the .exe that crashed?

Crazc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! If it does crash or anything, could you please post the crash logs and the name of the .exe that crashed?

No problem. Again, this is a maybe. My teacher, although he likes me and knows I am somewhat competent with computers, is a bit of a stickler with what we run on the computers. I will probably be able to convince that I'm not doing anything illegal or something that could harm the computers at all.

Would UWizard provide me a crash log and name of the .exe that crashed? Silly question most likely, but eh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1